PDA

View Full Version : QLD Rescue Deputy Chief Pilot

maxeemum
20th Feb 2006, 11:34
Hi Pruners.

Does any one have the gen on the ad for the Deputy Chief pilot position at QLD Rescue?

I believe this position was advertised last year but unfilled. Why did the previous Deputy CP leave?

Are the conditions and pay good? What does the job entail? Are you bonded for the endorsement and if so how long?

In anticipation

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated

PM me if required

Maxeemum

:p

Oogle
20th Feb 2006, 14:24
Maxeemum

You probably saw some numbers at the base of the advert - these are phone numbers!

Give Trevor a call. He will give you all the details. With most Govt. jobs, all the employment conditions are published on the website.

Friendly Black Dog
21st Feb 2006, 02:53
A bit SNAPPY there Selfish old boy!:ok:

maxeemum
21st Feb 2006, 08:57
Have the required experience (and some) however want to get some info from folks that may be intimate and familiar with the organisation so I can make an informed descision.

Any info from serious (been there done that) players welcomed.

PM away

Maxee

:suspect:

eagle 86
21st Feb 2006, 10:10
With most Government jobs they "HAVE TO" advertise but also as with most Government jobs the "chosen one" has more than likely been "chosen".
GAGS
E86

maxeemum
21st Feb 2006, 22:31
Thanks Gags this is the sort of concept I am trying to suss out!

Maxee

:ok:

SMOUFW
21st Feb 2006, 22:31
This internet is an amazing thing hey....................

http://www.jobs.qld.gov.au/search/JobDetail.asp?JobId=54244

SMO

13speed
22nd Feb 2006, 04:08
Maxeemum old mate, I think Oogle was spot on, give the chaps a ring or pop in for a chat. Anyone I've met there seems friendly and helpfull.
How much accurate info on a possible career change would you count on comming from a rumour site.
Seriously though, all the best if you do apply

maxeemum
22nd Feb 2006, 06:18
13 SPD

Fully intend to give the guys a call. Thanks for the reply

SMO

You are as sharp as a rubber de-icing boot. What I was trying to glean was why the previous Dep CP moved on and why the posn wasn't filled last yr. The web site you suggested was described in the add in the Australian and mate you are right the net is an amazing thing.

The web site gives what is required in terms of experience and duty statement however what I was after was some real life knowledge from folks that have worked there before and understand first hand the day to day requirements and organisational culture.

As I said previous PM if required

Many thanks

Maxee

:ok:

SMOUFW
22nd Feb 2006, 11:09
Maxene ol mate,

Just try'n to answer your original Q?

quote ''Are the conditions and pay good? What does the job entail'hence the link to the Gov website.

If you can turn your anti-ice off you'll find that the DCP didn't leave..he is stepping back.

And yes it's true. You can get a job like this without the B412 end/and no exp on type. I know drivers who have got in(mind you they had everything else,ie other twin time,IFR,Winch,etc,etc). Probably the hardest thing is FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION FORM CORRECTLY. Remember this is a government job and there have been cases where drivers (with over and above exp) have missed out due to f****** up the app form. Speak to someone who has been that road B4.

If your after real life knowledge from folks that have worked there and a appreciation of the day to day requirements then I suggest you put on your best dress and skip on down to YBAF for a chat,coffee and scone with some of the boys.

SMC