PDA

View Full Version : a Q for the EMIRATES people

Bolty McBolt
19th Feb 2006, 02:58
For those in the know at EMIRATES

Why do EMIRATES fly to Singapore so often? (5-7 flights a day)

My understanding was with the equipment EK operate 777 340-500 etc
Dubai could be used as a hub to anywhere in the world and EK planned to make it a focal point and take business from SIN
...So why the amout of EK traffic to SIN as Singapore is a Hub in direct competion with Dubai hub.....

Your enlightened comments please.

Regards
Bolty

Bolty McBolt
20th Feb 2006, 10:03
Seeing as over 500 have viewed this thread but no replies i will add a little back ground to the question.

Recently the CEO of QF had a very public slanging match (pissing competition) with his SQ counterpart.
The repercussions involved SQ taking their handling contract to another operator subsequently many jobs in engineering, check in, baggage and catering have been lost Australia wide due to these over inflated egos....

During the exchange of words between the two CEOs. The QF suggested they would pull out of Singapore all together and hub through another city and this point was reiterated at the speech in Beijing when QF returned recently.

Is the QF CEO still sabre rattling because if EK have a half dozen flights a day to the tiny island of Singapore there must be good business in it and QF can't afford to pull out…….

or

EK is using SIN as a hub which seems odd as Dubai is advertised as a place you can fly from to any other point on the globe.

EK. People...Is Singapore a hub or a final destination?

I know this may be a trivial question/point for EK employee’s and has little or no bearing on them but has ramifications for QF….:ouch:
Bolty

donpizmeov
20th Feb 2006, 10:41
Bolty,

Before the A345 all Oz flights (with the exception of Perth) were via SIN. These flights still remain (although SYD is now via BKK), and the direct flights have been added as additional ones. I think with the extra flight to Perth about to start all the allocated EK slots into Oz will be used.

Not sure how to answer your question, but the flights DXB to Sin are always full. Flights SIN to Oz vary from always full, to mostly full. Read into that what you like.

Don