PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways pilots On work to roster from 19.2.05

Vimd23
18th Feb 2006, 23:01
Hi everyone , just heard a rumor that 9W pilots ( excluding management ) is on work to roster ONLY move , as the management is refusing to come to terms with the demands by pilots with regards to air sahara pilots joining with seniority and pay scales higher that jets current pay......

cheers
vimd23

Left Wing
19th Feb 2006, 03:01
There is also a mention of a black arm band worn by the pilots as a silent protest.

Some bad blood comming up between Jet & Sahara guys, in a divide and rule the management always wins and pilots loose.

Jet_Settin
19th Feb 2006, 03:41
Its not a rumor.....its true on both accounts!

From today we have decided to "follow the roster" and the arm band is being worn since yesterday.

THE PILOTS HAVE HAD JUST BOUT ENUF OF THE MANAGEMENT.

In the last 6 months the management has changed company policies to suit their needs so often that we've just bout lost count.

A case in point - The management has hired 2 Sahara pilots recently before the buy-off took place. They have been paid 15 lakh rupees each to join (approx USD $32000-34000). Is that company policy??.....NO

Company policy for lateral induction for DEC is 2000 hrs in command....how many do those 2 pilots have....1500 approx....company policy??....NO

The company also plans to give all Sahara pilots the service pay for the number of years of service in sahara....that makes their salaries higher than most pilots in Jet.

The company also plans to give due weightage to their experience for establishing their seniority......company policy??....NO
The policy clearly states that seniority is based solely on date of joining.
This is going to hamper most pilots career progression....F/Os wont get their command soon....upgradation to Check Pilots, Instructors and Examiners is also gonna be affected....

As far as we are concerned.....this is not a merger.....its a buy-off....
Company Policies are laid down for a reason....and the management has decided to change all of them without even discussing or telling anyone bout it.

Vimd23
19th Feb 2006, 22:58
Hi jetsettin , thanks for the info on the protest , have a few friends who work for jet , would not like to see them get shafted after putting in the service that they have ( 4 yrs ) , most are up for command or upgrades on the boeing. I also heard from a mate in rostering that the protest has been called off as of last night. Any truth here ??

cheers
vimd23

Nevrekar
19th Feb 2006, 23:48
Is there a pilots union for carriers in India? Are there work rules other than those that the DGCA imposes? Also--what exactly is rostering? I have seen it on a couple of posts and it is a new term for me. Is it the same as a seniority list? Here when two carriers merge, their respective unions get together to agree on seniority integration. It is a combination of date of hire and other
factors. Mergers/buyouts are never fun and there is always animosity. Been there, done that. Hopefully things will get better with time.

Acomabird
20th Feb 2006, 02:26
-what exactly is rostering?

It's your bid/line schedule for the month. Roster = Line Schedule. Senority schedules are more of a "Bid Line" i.e. you get what your senority can hold. Rosters are geared more towards a meritocracy, i.e. you get what ever comes our way. i.e. it's your turn for stby/reserve, enjoy your month.

Ther are alot of veriations, but in it's simplest form, a Roster is what you are flying for the month.

Jet_Settin
20th Feb 2006, 05:26
Yes...the protest has been called off as of last evening....
the management finally decided to do some damage control....

In my honest opnion....they are just lying as usual.....
The CEO has called us for a meeting on the 24th to discuss all issues...

I guess he's just buying time....like it always happens whenever we raise an issue.....

We dont have a Union....we call it SWIP at Jet
(Society for Welfare of Indian Pilots)
But it pretty much works like a union.

rsoman
20th Feb 2006, 06:10
We dont have a Union....we call it SWIP at Jet
(Society for Welfare of "Indian" Pilots)
May the camaraderie long last!

masalama
20th Feb 2006, 07:59
JET_Settin wrote...
"this is not a merger.....its a buy-off...."
We had a meeting with Jet Airways management and their words were ...this is not a buyoff..it's a merger.I can understand the concerns you all have after putting in x amount of years in the company and then having the T's&C's change....believe me we have the same concerns...

Take the case of an AirSahara pilot(eg.captain) working there for 10 years .Now Jet has "merged" the company into itself.Where do you want to place him/her? At entry level captain pay & seniority?? Well guess what in today's market scenario , no pilot will join jet airways from sahara if that's the case, as things stand, we're waiting for the official offer letter to make a decision?? Why work in a hostile environment for lesser pay and seniority ....it's a sticky issue and a solution would be hard to find.....

Inthe meantime ...happy landings to all ...
masalama.

Hairy Chest
20th Feb 2006, 08:03
SWIP is not a union, under pressure from Mr. Goyel.

Whats the story about Jet buying a Iberia will it be another case of Mittal buying steel co. in EU. French pres begs for Indian money while the Accelor CEO gives rascist remarks :yuk: :yuk: :mad:

Jet_Settin
20th Feb 2006, 08:22
Masalama i totally agree with you....

If i was a pilot at Sahara even i wouldnt agree after putting in 10 yrs of service to be placed at the bottom of the list.

The pilots at Jet arent against the pilots of Sahara....
What we are against is the way the management is handling the issue...
They are promising the pilots at Sahara all sorts of things and keeping everyone else in the dark bout it.....

The issue is all bout change of all kinds of policies without so much as to discuss it with anyone else.

Like i quoted earlier the managements decision to pay the 2 S2 pilots 15 lakhs each.......

Now that obviously is going to create bad blood when in fact most pilots at Jet are still paying for their training costs deducted by the company for the last so many years.....that aint fair on no one....

Now the CEO has shot off an "Emergency" letter to us last nite...stating that he will resolve all issues and the "merger" with Sahara will take place with us being totally involved in the issue.....

Guess we wait and watch what tricks he's got up his sleeves....