PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Crew Controller

the goon
18th Feb 2006, 12:27
Just seen the ad on Ryanair`s website for Crew Controller. Anyone know any details?:ok:

bacardi walla
19th Feb 2006, 07:37
Just seen the ad on Ryanair`s website for Crew Controller. Anyone know any details?:ok:

I could tell you openly on here but the mods would no doubt get twitchy for fear of the knock on the door from RYR. So, I have PM'd you.

matches
27th Feb 2006, 14:16
You work 4 on 4 off , 12 hour shifts. In STN you just look after STN where in DUB you look after every base.

the goon
27th Feb 2006, 15:46
Cheers Matches,

Do you work for FR at the mo? Any hints, tips etc etc, you know the drill!

ShinjukuHustler
3rd Mar 2006, 13:37
FR crew con, wow..where to start. Well Goon first thing is How desperate are you for a job? I mean really… The staff turnover there is just incredible. The job just absolutely sucks. It’s mind numbingly stressful, soul destroying, thankless and unending. Those poor guys there don’t last peein time before they get fed up and leave. We don’t help with our incessant whining, looking for days off, going out of hours (sometimes by adding an extra minute on the final journey log just to bring the cab crew into next rest hr.), annual leave, training, etc. Not only will you have to put up with us on the phone but you will have us in your face first thing in the morning just as tired and cranky as they come. In STN they may be 4 on 4 off shift but DUB is a different set-up. They have the most miserable shift on earth. 4 earlies (05:30 til 14:30) followed by 2 days off then 4 lates(14:30 til 23:30) You will have a mere one and a half free weekends in 7 !. If you’re wondering what a half week is let me elaborate. It’s when you finish your 4th late shift at 23:30 on Fri night and then have to be back to wok for 05:30 Monday morning…hence a half a weekend. The pay is supposed to be ok which is why people are initially interested but even the ramp tramps wont touch it, they’re all too busy standin on each others heads to get into the ops and do flight following. If you want to get into ops through crewcon then forget it. There are always crew con shortages and you’ll be there til you either die prematurely or are committed to a mental asylum. In the last 6-8months at least 4 have left (and there are only 4 normally) 2 moved sideways to other jobs within the company, another got sick of it and needed a long holiday but is not returning, another one who was ex EZY left as well. 3 of these guys packed it in within few weeks of each other. That left the ops assistants covering crew con shifts which I guess is a bit of a diversion form their hum-drum paperwork filing. You will receive the min of training and be chucked in at the deep end, you’ll get the odd bit of help from ops guys but they are usually too busy( there are only 2 per shift). The only positive thing is the people at ground level, the guys in ops are pretty solid but that’s about it, the legendary management of the dept overall is…well lets just say the rumours are true.
There are far more easier and fun ways of turning into a fat,balding,sagging junk food addict so I’d recommend a job at Wimpy!
Beware !

Ahhh hot sunny days! The pool awaits.

Rgds,

S.H

bacardi walla
3rd Mar 2006, 13:47
Well, whilst others are being open about it, I think to myself, why not, I'll do the same.

First, I assume you mean the position at STN ?
This is a non exaggerated description:

12hr shifts, working with one other person except on nights when you'll be alone.

You are responsible for ALL crew based at STN.
Over 35 departures between 0600 and 0730 every morning. Crew delays are down to you and you will be held personally responsible and rest assured, the management (term used loosely), will get up close and be verbally abusive with you.

No time for lunch breaks.

Crews constantly shouting at you through the window. Yes you are locked away in an office barely big enough for 2 people otherwise you will be open to direct abuse.

Nights, you work alone and are responsible for all normal crewing aspects, plus preparing flight envelopes for the whole day, including nav logs, voyage reports etc. Bear in mind each crew does on average 4 sectors per day, thats an awful lot of flight plans to prepare. You also have to prepare the NOTAMS, SIG weather charts and HIGH LEVEL wind charts for the morning crews then on days, you do the same for the afternoon crews. Not sure if Crew Controllers do the Jepps amendments still.

Salary is about £22k, no overtime, no bonus scheme, but plenty of grief.

Summary: Don't bother unless you want to be bullied.

:E

ShinjukuHustler
3rd Mar 2006, 14:04
So ya see goon,there's another ppruner here who's tellin it like it is, sit back and have a long think about why a company as large as FR with several thousand employees can't find even 1 lil bee to get busy in their filled to capacity,cramped hot hive.. As they say, if there's any doubt...then there IS NO DOUBT.Crew con there is renowned as the 5h1tist job in company, even 5h1tt13r than the poor sod who pumps the poop out of our buses at the end of the day. What you're gettin here is the PG rated version of events, there's the R rated real deal horror story just waiting for you at FR-HQ, all you gotta do is sign up.

S.H

bacardi walla
3rd Mar 2006, 14:13
So ya see goon,there's another ppruner here who's tellin it like it is, sit back and have a long think about why a company as large as FR with several thousand employees can't find even 1 lil bee to get busy in their filled to capacity,cramped hot hive.. As they say, if there's any doubt...then there IS NO DOUBT.Crew con there is renowned as the 5h1tist job in company, even 5h1tt13r than the poor sod who pumps the poop out of our buses at the end of the day. What you're gettin here is the PG rated version of events, there's the R rated real deal horror story just waiting for you at FR-HQ, all you gotta do is sign up.

S.H

Calm down calm down :eek: