PDA

View Full Version : How can I...

ex_matelot
17th Feb 2006, 19:27
I want to make a windup fake e-bay page with a picture of my mate on it etc,how can I do this?I have tried right clicking and selecting all on the ebay page but I cant seem to save it anywhere in order to play around with it.

I only have the windows version of paint and some software pre-installed called 'picture it'.

Thanks.

Cool_Hand
17th Feb 2006, 19:46
Select the explorer window that has ebay in it, hold down alt and press print screen.

Open up paint and paste.

The window of ebay will be in paint, save as required and use wherever.

ex_matelot
17th Feb 2006, 20:04
Only options are 'print' and print preview and it just prompts to install a printer.

Pressing alt does nothing other than highlighting the 'file' menu in the top left on IE.

?????????????/

Cheers anyway CH

Cool_Hand
17th Feb 2006, 22:16
That's odd, one last try before I can't help any more with it, firstly the "print screen" key is the first key next to F12.
If holding down alt and pressing this key doesn't copy the window to the clipboard then you could just press the print screen key and it will capture the whole image on your monitor, then you can crop it down in paint or any package you want.
If that doesn't help, sorry I can't think of an alternative at the moment.

vapilot2004
17th Feb 2006, 23:20
The ALT-Print Screen method CH offers does not involve your mouse or the Explorer window. Press the ALT button on your Keyboard and while holding this, tap the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard. This copies the current window to the clipboard.

Then open the paint program, click EDIT > PASTE or something similar (look for paste)

Alternatively, you can right click within IE, choose SELECT ALL then hold the CTL key (on your KB) and tap the C key once.

Switch to MS Word (if you have, or another word proc) and hold CTL key and tap the V to paste the page here. Edit away.

The Word method allows you to change text at will and manipulate pictures a bit easier than Paint.

innuendo
18th Feb 2006, 01:13
You could go to this site: http://www.faststone.org/ and download the Screen capture program. This will let you capture what you want from your screen and save it where you want. I save in My Pictures. You can then use an image editing program to modify the image. It will probably save in a bitmap file or possibly as Jpeg.
I think that Picture It should be OK for what you want to do which I'm guessing is import a picture of your friend into an E-Bay ad.