PDA

View Full Version : Aero Contractors Nigeria Airline of the Year 2005

soggyboxers
17th Feb 2006, 16:55
In its annual Awards for Excellence ceremony in Lagos, This Day newspaper awarded Aero Contractors the title of Airline of the Year 2005. After being considered a minnow for many years and having operated mainly Twin Otters until not too long ago, this is a great acheivement for Aero :ok:

ACN_Pilot
17th Feb 2006, 17:31
Not entirely suprised though, lets face it, the competition is really only down to one other airline now, and they simply havn't got their feet on the ground yet. So to all the staff at Aero, congrats and as long as u keep the competition trailing behind u and keep growing, the future looks rosy

ACN_Pilot

surely not
17th Feb 2006, 19:29
Well done guys, look forward to giving you tough competition next year:ok: :)

ZAZOO
17th Feb 2006, 19:37
I must say they deserve it though and more grease to your elbows ACN:ok:

Looks like we not having no awards for now at the Bluetail.

Hi SN hear the competition from VK is beefing up for some tough fencing in the next few months ;) well wish you guys also all the best, but I must add guys with all the traffick these days I think eres enough to go round everybody :)

Goodluck to all and happy flying to us all here in Nigeria:ok:

Rani
19th Feb 2006, 04:19
YU-ANF, wet-lease from JAT, is it the 3rd 733 ?
Congrats again to ACN team.

212man
19th Feb 2006, 05:27
Well done and I certainly enjoyed flying with them when I was there. Club sandwich and a Heineken: that'll do nicely!;)

Capt. Manuvar
19th Feb 2006, 17:41
Not really a suprise at all. All the other airlines have been playing their part (as clowns) in the circus that is the Nigerian airline industry. Aero has set a standard, lets up the others follow (i doubt it). Maybe some of the new entrants might be able to give aero a run for their money, but the older airline seem stuck in their ways.

skycaptain81
21st Feb 2006, 07:14
I must say I wasn't surprised with the Award "aero" received from the Thisday newspaper.I was also not surprised when I found aero was the first airliner to introduce the 737-300 into the Nigerian sky.The Average business man /airline would have jolly well gone for the 737-200 series after all they are still in use all over the world.But lads AERO has great foresight and yes! that's wht it takes to be ahead of the competition "foresight'.
Congrats AERO,even though I am not surprised.Let's see if you can do a double next year like Jose Mourinho and Chelsea.
Good luck.

B737-BBJ Driver
22nd Feb 2006, 05:07
I must say they deserve it though and more grease to your elbows ACN:ok:
Looks like we not having no awards for now at the Bluetail.
Hi SN hear the competition from VK is beefing up for some tough fencing in the next few months ;) well wish you guys also all the best, but I must add guys with all the traffick these days I think eres enough to go round everybody :)
Goodluck to all and happy flying to us all here in Nigeria:ok:

I am wondering with all the Kidnapping and Riots about Shell Gas prices. I like to know if it is safe to accept a B737 PILOT Job there.

Please let me know if you have worked there . Email "[email protected]"

ACN_Pilot
22nd Feb 2006, 16:00
hi B737-BBJ Driver,
if you do decide to come down to aero, you'll find plenty, and I mean plenty of expats working with us. Its very safe, if your gonna be flying the 737 u'll be located in Lagos, not the Niger delta. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
ACN Pilot

Tokunbo
22nd Feb 2006, 16:24
ACN Pilot,
I wonder how long you've been in Lagos? Maybe you'd like to comment on all the armed robberies there have been in the ACN guest house in Lagos? There was the time that all the rooms there were damaged when the old armoury blew, Mani was robbed in his room there and there have been several occasions when all the people in the bar have been face down on the floor with the robbers taking all the cash and mobile phones. Do you still have 2 or 3 MOPOL in the grounds to ensure your safety in Lagos?
I guess that at least the flying's safe - when MEND threatened to shoot down aircraft going into Osubi (and yes, they have RPGs and heavy machine guns), at least Shell closed Osubi. Anyway the 737s only fly into 'safe' airports with great ATC, fully functioning navaids and suiperb runway surfaces :}
Come on down and join the rest of us chickens - those that have survived the avian flu cull :E