PDA

View Full Version : MNG aircraft lands on wrong rwy

ALLDAYDELI
17th Feb 2006, 09:05
Wrong Landing Leads MNG Airlines Pilots to Resign
By Mustafa Gun, Istanbul
Published:
zaman.com

Two MNG Airlines pilots resigned after they landed on the wrong runway at the Karachi Military Airport in Pakistan.

MNG Airlines cargo plane pilots Erol Kastar and Tulay Akkopru landed on the wrong runway at the military airport due to misleading information from the air traffic control tower.

The Turkish Civil Aviation Authority (SHGM) launched a disciplinary procedure against the pilots; however, after they were assigned for Pakistan flight once more by the company, the two pilots resigned.

MNG Airlines Assistant Manager Yilmaz Aytekin said Tuesday that the unfortunate event occurred due to misleading information from the control tower and bad weather, so it was no fault of the pilots.

Aytekin also emphasized busy air traffic at the airport: “An unfortunate event was experienced. Our pilots were assigned for another Pakistan flight; however, as the previous mistakes were hotly debated our pilots became offended. Our pilots demanded to fly another route, but we said, ’either you fly to Pakistan or you resign.’ They chose to resign.”

I also hear last week a number of the commercial team in MNG @ IST have swiftly departed the company. Anyone know what has happening there..??
The old guy Czmechi (I cant spell it properly) has also rumoured to have quit.

MaxBlow
17th Feb 2006, 14:49
...The Turkish Civil Aviation Authority (SHGM) launched a disciplinary procedure against the pilots; however, after they were assigned for Pakistan flight once more by the company, the two pilots resigned...

don´t quite understand why the CAA would do that. If they (CAA) would properly use their authorities in supervising, controlling and checking 'their airlines' things like this would not happen in the first place.

I hear MNG will stop their 'pax' operation with immediate effect but donno why.

newscaster
19th Feb 2006, 10:45
Already discussed at Rumors & News forum, besides it was a 737-400 flying passenger service from Dubai on behalf of PIA and not a Cargo A300F.