PDA

View Full Version : Deutsche BA buys LTU

Austin_Danger_Powers
17th Feb 2006, 06:29
Today newspaper announches that Deutsche BA will overtake LTU.
LTU produces big losses. DOnt think that this will be really good for Deutsche BA...

captjns
17th Feb 2006, 07:59
Who knows, maybe Deutsche BA can turn things around... After all its worth a shot. Hopefuly it will keep employees from unemployment.

Austin_Danger_Powers
17th Feb 2006, 08:07
Who knows, maybe Deutsche BA can turn things around... After all its worth a shot. Hopefuly it will keep employees from unemployment.

DBA is a lowcost airline. Guess they will get the LTU Staff new contracts with lower sallary.
LT losses money for a long time and i dont think DBA bought them for making further losses. Only way to make some profit is to reduce costs and (sorry) but the logical conseqences will be cutting jobs.

LT has no strategical partners. Shorthaul operations are as unprofitable as the most long haul routes. LH hits LT by flying more and more from DUS and i dont know, but i guess they will do anything after this new merger.

Times are getting hard for LT...

threemiles
17th Feb 2006, 09:44
It is not dba that overtakes LTU but the majority owner of dba Mr Wöhrl that acquired 60% of LTU shares. He announced that LTU and dba will closely cooperate, though.

Austin_Danger_Powers
17th Feb 2006, 09:54
It is not dba that overtakes LTU but the majority owner of dba Mr Wöhrl that acquired 60% of LTU shares. He announced that LTU and dba will closely cooperate, though.

thats right, but with 60% of the shares, he can do anything with LTU...
Mr Wöhrl wants to make money and with that kind of LTU you loose money.
So hes gonna change pretty much everything.

beaucaire
18th Feb 2006, 07:25
The way I read Wôhrl in his interview with " der Spiegel" - he is going clearly after LH. He hints that LTU could offer first class service to the USA for half the price of LH's tickets.
This might be in indication that his goal is to set up a global airline not just offering Low Cost but also premium services at discounted prices.He's a brillant strategist and can do it !Merging his DBA as a feeder into Longhaul flight from Germany might just be a first step,with aircraft based outside Germany under an LTU umbrella name following.
Hans Rudolf Wöhrl might be good for other surprises ,now that he seemingly has found a deep pocket partner.

zed3
18th Feb 2006, 08:25
LTU already operates with a two class service where the First Comfort class is a near comparison with LH Business (the old one) , which for the price is good value for money - LAX for around e2000 and Cape Town about e2200 return from DUS . Lots of other world destinations . I for one hope they survive , they deserve to .

Micky
18th Feb 2006, 08:48
Austin_Danger_Powers
DBA is a lowcost airline. Guess they will get the LTU Staff new contracts with lower sallary

As far as I know Dba Pilots still get the same sallery as they got under BA...
DBA and Germania(GEXX) where soposed to merge last year but this was blown of by the Germania Ceo, as he thought that the DBA Pilots earned to much. No joke check the spiegel they published a story last year.

Regards Micky

Sir Fatty
18th Feb 2006, 13:43
Air Berlin and dba already withsynchronized flight plans on their ways. Now LTU on Bord. Looks to me like "someone" looking for ways to step on Lufthansa´s foot. gexx, hlx and Germania close to Air Berlin? What a potential !!
Well ... it´s about time, isn´t it? ... :ok:

Frosch
20th Feb 2006, 12:19
To german "management" "Low cost" has 3 meanings:

- low pay
- low contract standards
- 25min turnaround (even when flying 4 1hr trips/day)

Won't work. They don't understand why eg. Southwest performs so well.