PDA

View Full Version : Alaea President - Have one on us

mahatmacoat
17th Feb 2006, 04:08
"Don't get your hopes up about our ALAEA President. I also saw him in the canteen and also thought that there must be some high level discussions.

I asked him if that was was why he was in town but alas no!! He was simply here for 747-400 Maintenance Authority P.C.T."

I got this off some other topic and just had to share my thoughts. I just spent 3 days on an Alaea reps course and what a farce it was. But what pi$$ed me off the most was the amount of money they waste on free pi$$ and food for the elite.

The Alaea President didn't come to the meeting or wasnt doing Alaea work and from the quote and what he said he was doing company training and getting allowances at the usual rate. But at night he was out drinking and dining for free with the other interstate reps who were working on official Alaea sanctioned work.

I think it's a bl00dy disgrace that that this freeloader thinks hes entitled to eat and get drunk on my money at the same time he's geting allowances from Qantas.

end of rant

Mr.Buzzy
17th Feb 2006, 04:13
Bollox, the day is not over yet.

Most likely he is in town with the rest of his "paid off" union buddies to organize an all expenses paid trip to China with family to ensure that "the new facility meets with the high QF standard"

Dont forget to get some nice family snaps on the Great Wall!!!!

bbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

chemical alli
17th Feb 2006, 04:54
are you guys serious one, if you have been on the exec funded reps course how dare you throw the first stone when to actually see the president ,im sure you too would have had a drink in hand also have you ever been on a training course away from home base on allowances and never visited the pub i think not.also isnt it imperitive that the president whilst in town on company funded training keep his ear to the ground this us and them mentality within the union is what keeps the management laughing and winning.be fair if you are going to slander an individual as your turn might come soon to or are you to gutless to stick up your hand when the exec needs new members.

mahatmacoat
17th Feb 2006, 05:04
Hey dude I was on a reps funded course on my days off no allowances and interstate. I think it's fair to get a meal and no I don't drink copious amounts of alcohol along with a meal. I was on the reps course to learn how to represent you.

The President was on a Qantas MA course getting paid allowance from them. He then goes out for free on union money and pockets his allowances when he hasn't been working on union business. Big difference.

Just cause he is the almighty President doesn't mean he deserves a free ride on my money. I'll run if I want but I hear the takeover group is oversubscribed already so I might leave the job to them.

chemical alli
17th Feb 2006, 05:08
geez must be hard working on your day off o/t wasnt paid i take.the last question was have you ever been on a training course away from main base and had a beer in a pub with other workmates

mahatmacoat
17th Feb 2006, 05:14
I sure have but I paid for the drinks myself. I didn't send you the bill.

chemical alli
17th Feb 2006, 05:18
good to see there is one fine individual with a set of morals may i now stand corrected and crawl back into my cave

fordran
18th Feb 2006, 00:17
These occassional stories about the free spending Bexley stars doesn't concern me. The problem is what we don't know about! :suspect:

numbskull
18th Feb 2006, 02:01
Everyone in Sydney is concerned about was is rumoured to be happening to heavy maint.Their morale is so low it is not funny. I asked our president if any action is being considered and he just fobbed me off quoting the new IR laws.

I commented to him that if there is nothing that they can do then there is not much point in being in a union. He just mumbled something irrevelent and shuffled off.

I would have thought that the president would have at least showed his face and offered some moral support to those who are rumoured to be soon redundant. But no, he was simply looking after himself.

The rat was rumoured to be a bit of a lurker in his younger days and it appears very little has changed.

I think it will soon be time to give myself a $500 a year pay rise.

BHMvictim
26th Feb 2006, 12:52
The ALAEA, not only turns a blind eye when jobs are under threat.....history shows us that they are instrumental in Qantas jobs going elsewhere.

Avalon.
Overflow facility?

(yes, Avalon employs around 800(?) employees, however Sydney now has four nice 747 capable hangars, two of which can hold two 747s (that's a grand total of six 747s! Hangar 245 and 271 could easily run Heavy lines side by side.

But the ALAEA sowed the seeds of Heavy Maintenance at the "overflow" facility many years ago now.

Jobs that could have stayed in Sydney with QF employees.

Woomera
26th Feb 2006, 16:20
Guys unfortunately this is the Professional Pilots Rumour Network and not the Professional Engineers Slag Off our Union Network.

Our fellow professionals who maintain the aircraft we fly are always welcome here on PPrune to contribute to the overall safety of our industry and for any amounts of light hearted banter...but that is not what this thread is....and its purpose is no longer a function Pprune is prepared to facilitate....if it ever was.

As such I am locking this thread and we will continue to lock similar.

If you cannot be bothered starting your own Engineering website where you can slag people to your hearts content don't bring it here.