PDA

View Full Version : NOTES FOR STUDYING FOR THE CP 1ST INTERVIEW

eljopito
17th Feb 2006, 00:32
Hey guys,
In my preparation for the first interview for DESO I have been studying my ass off!
While browsing through the archives of PPRUNE I came across lots of email adresses with the famous notes that might help us reach our goal: getting hired at Cathay.
Unfortunately on all the inlog attempts I wasn't successful once.
So if anyone has these usefull notes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE could you send it to [email protected]

I would be most greatful!!

Just three questions:

-Where can I find good systems-info (fuel and flight controls) of the B747 and A340?

-What is the best way to collect info on HongKong?

-Where can I find info on the engines (thrust and consumption) of the B747 and A340.

I appreciate all the help I can get, the interview is 10 days away and the nervs are killing me :uhoh:

Thanks again guys

Jopito
[email protected]

avila
23rd Feb 2006, 18:25
I am trying to find out the same as you, I found some information at www.answers.com (http://www.answers.com/) putting in Cathay Pacific in the search motor, they have a lot of information about their airplanes as well....
I havenīt found any description of fuel system... There is a schedule of the flight control system in the book "Handling the big jets" written by Davies.. Please let me know if you find something interesting:)

mgcastrol
10th Mar 2006, 02:32
Hey guys,
In my preparation for the first interview for DESO I have been studying my ass off!
While browsing through the archives of PPRUNE I came across lots of email adresses with the famous notes that might help us reach our goal: getting hired at Cathay.
Unfortunately on all the inlog attempts I wasn't successful once.
So if anyone has these usefull notes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE could you send it to [email protected]

I would be most greatful!!

Just three questions:

-Where can I find good systems-info (fuel and flight controls) of the B747 and A340?

-What is the best way to collect info on HongKong?

-Where can I find info on the engines (thrust and consumption) of the B747 and A340.

I appreciate all the help I can get, the interview is 10 days away and the nervs are killing me :uhoh:

Thanks again guys

Jopito
[email protected]
Looking for that Inlog data with no result . if anything shows please advise [email protected] thanks .I have already lost 6 pounds .

memoryitems
10th Mar 2006, 16:41
I have info on A340-330 and B747 systems etc.: tell me EXACTLY what you want to know (by email) and I'll send it to you.
RegardS

J32drivr
10th Mar 2006, 18:44
One word-Google. Anything you want to know is out there somewhere. I did my first interview for DEFO in Feb and was invited to HK for the second. While I was waiting for my books to come in the mail I reviewed old books from college and and surfed the internet. I got so many of my questions answered quickly just by Googleing it. Apparently it's worked for me so far. Good luck.

mgcastrol
11th Mar 2006, 12:07
One word-Google. Anything you want to know is out there somewhere. I did my first interview for DEFO in Feb and was invited to HK for the second. While I was waiting for my books to come in the mail I reviewed old books from college and and surfed the internet. I got so many of my questions answered quickly just by Googleing it. Apparently it's worked for me so far. Good luck.

Thank you all good luck

mgcastrol
15th Mar 2006, 14:29
Thank you all good luck

hello everyone , an anybody tell me what the cabin press differencial is on the 747 -400 . what deice / antice syst does it have .
how does an Iso-counter radar work

ERJ145flyer
25th Mar 2006, 14:53
There is so much information about the Cathay interview, and I just cannot decide what is important and what not, at least for the first part.

But, if someone has had his first part RECENTLY, please forward just an outline on what to expect. Am I supposed to know the systems of the 747 or 340 or is it just general aerodynamics? I have been reading "handling the big jets". It seems pretty straight forward. My interview is in 3 weeks.

Thank you