PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Operations

Austin_Danger_Powers
16th Feb 2006, 17:59
Hi folks,

does anybody know something about Qantas Operations at London Heathrow?
I applied as Flight Dispatch Coordinator there.

Infos about future plans of QF would be heplfull. I mean i work for a major airline in Europe and we have had 3 Dispatch offices worldwide. One is closed right now and the second one??? They move everything to the Headquater.
Does QF has same plans?

And what about the packages? Does QF pay good money?

Thanks Austin

ANDRE25i
17th Feb 2006, 06:29
Being a pilot I don't know too much about your specific field; however you might consider going on the Australian Forums. Obviously you'll increase your chances of getting a helpful response.
I think considering the enironment Qf has had to deal with the past few years, they could be worse of. Overall compared to other airlines it has managed quite well.
You've probably heard just recently that posistions previously held in Australia might be shifted overseas; cost saving......
The period ahead is important for qf; considering the soaring fuel prices, increased competition, massive order of b7e7 dreamliners, cost cutting.....
things are definitely happening; plus pending arrival of a380s....
the profit was around 10% lower than the previous year. by memory though last fiscal years profit might have been a record.
I'm sure you're also aware that Australian Airlines, a qf subsidiary hasn't performed as they would have liked it to; so it might be axed. Jetsar, another subsidiary will most likely become international, with a330s and the like.

do they pay good money? I hope so!

dunnunda & Godzone, airline issues.... is probs the best place for getting valuable information
good luck

Austin_Danger_Powers
17th Feb 2006, 06:50
Being a pilot I don't know too much about your specific field; however you might consider going on the Australian Forums. Obviously you'll increase your chances of getting a helpful response.
I think considering the enironment Qf has had to deal with the past few years, they could be worse of. Overall compared to other airlines it has managed quite well.
You've probably heard just recently that posistions previously held in Australia might be shifted overseas; cost saving......
The period ahead is important for qf; considering the soaring fuel prices, increased competition, massive order of b7e7 dreamliners, cost cutting.....
things are definitely happening; plus pending arrival of a380s....
the profit was around 10% lower than the previous year. by memory though last fiscal years profit might have been a record.
I'm sure you're also aware that Australian Airlines, a qf subsidiary hasn't performed as they would have liked it to; so it might be axed. Jetsar, another subsidiary will most likely become international, with a330s and the like.
do they pay good money? I hope so!
dunnunda & Godzone, airline issues.... is probs the best place for getting valuable information
good luck

thank you very much for your infos! Cant find a specific australian forum here. Do you know some?

donpizmeov
17th Feb 2006, 07:19
I know exactly what you mean Austin. If I were looking for info on QFs London ops, I too would have posted it in the Far East, Asian and Indian forum!!??

Don

Austin_Danger_Powers
17th Feb 2006, 07:25
I know exactly what you mean Austin. If I were looking for info on QFs London ops, I too would have posted it in the Far East, Asian and Indian forum!!??
Don

ok i allready did, but until now without response.
Anyway: i will see what happens...

Thanks Austin

max AB
17th Feb 2006, 15:18
Austin, don was being a bit sarcastic. He can't help it, probabley just flew all night to India or the far east. Try posting in the dunnunder/godzone forum. Australia is a bit south of the far east by the way, they might ask you that at the interview....What are you doing in this forum don???:)

donpizmeov
17th Feb 2006, 15:51
Sorry about that Max. Just stumbled upon it and tried to be supportive ;) .

Don

ANDRE25i
19th Feb 2006, 07:29
Cant find a specific australian forum here. Do you know some?

Yeah, I gave them to you in my first post; Dunnunda/Godzone... something like that.
The one with the "airline issues" is the one you want; not the student/instructors/charter guys one.