PDA

View Full Version : GB expansion at LGW?

the heavy heavy
16th Feb 2006, 16:57
first post.

just been told by a man who's sisters mate walks his dog with a guy who's cousins uncle works at mcdonalds at lgw that he overheard a guy whos brother flys for GB saying that he'd heard a senior manager talking with a guy from BA about the following...

GB looking to get A330's and to operate BA's long haul ops out of lgw. time scale next couple of years. scope?

sorry if this been mentioned before.

anybody know about this.

it came from a very good source, as i explained.:D

ExSimGuy
16th Feb 2006, 17:43
My sister's husband's mate's next-door-neighbour used to work at LGW with BCAL, but he's heard nothing :\

apaddyinuk
16th Feb 2006, 19:23
Hahahaha....I heard that one about 3 years ago!

pwalhx
16th Feb 2006, 21:13
Theres been the same rumour doing the rounds of GB with an A330 taking over the MAN-JFK route.

ExSimGuy
17th Feb 2006, 03:57
rumour doing the rounds of GB with an A330 taking over the MAN-JFK routeAnother interesting rumour doing the roundsof Crawley pubs is that The World'sFavoutite is to start a new "brand" based out of LGW to fly charters to LAX and JFK with refurbished long-range 1-11s.

The new operation's designator will be "BR" and the aircraft will have big yellow lions painted on the fins. They can't start the operation until somebody can come up with a brilliant Brand Name though - any suggestions?:8

BOAC
17th Feb 2006, 07:29
This one has been bounced around the fora enough and is going nowhere!

Thread closed.