PDA

View Full Version : George Galloway comes to Tower Hamlets!

chuks
16th Feb 2006, 15:56
Fresh from a guest appearance on 'Big Brother' George Galloway is to make an appearance as a speaker on 'Islamophobia' this Friday in Tower Hamlets. This may well be his first visit to his constituency since his celebrated hi-jinks on television, so that audience reaction may well be surprising. I assume that those attending will be frisked for rotten eggs and over-ripe tomatoes to prevent things spiralling out of control.

People were handing out leaflets in front of the library on Mile End Road yesterday while others were collecting signatures for a petition complaining about freedom of press/insulting the Prophet (choose one).

I probably won't make it, due to the pressures of learning about Transport Wander as it pertains to passing certain required written tests here on Planet CAA. On the other hand, I would expect to be able, later, to read all about it in multiple posts from our celebrated bard of George the wind-up artist and progress in regions Hibernian.

Addressing a crowd of constituents in Tower Hamlets is not quite the same as tweaking Uncle Sam's beard or kissing Saddam Hussein's *rse but it will have to do for now. If this keeps up I may have to start a scrap-book. George in his red tights on the cover, or that piccie of him with that tall, good-lookin' young fellah with the charming smile, the late U. Hussein? Decisions, decisions....

acbus1
16th Feb 2006, 16:05
U Hussein was a mincer, I believe.

And if he was feeling especially nasty....i.e. even more nasty than really, really nasty.....you went in feet first. :\

OneWorld22
16th Feb 2006, 16:25
:p :p

Still can't let it go can you chuks??!! :ok:

147break
16th Feb 2006, 17:32
Chuks

Concentrate on the (east/west Groundspeed * tan mean Latitude)/60.

It will get you further!!!

Jordan D
16th Feb 2006, 23:05
Well he's coming to the University of Edinburgh next Thursday.

Jordan

chuks
17th Feb 2006, 07:46
One problem with my studies is that things like 'East/West G/S times TAN, uh, what was that again?' are very foreign to my ken. Things like George Galloway, on the other hand, are relatively easy to understand and fun to watch, like when little Bobbie Meyer put the LSD into his ant farm. So when my aged and feeble brain rebels from being force-fed Planet CAA stuff I revert to type and seek out prime examples of human folly to relax with.

Part of the problem, perhaps, is that I have no television here; my usual abundant supply of human folly has dried to a trickle so that I am reduced to scanning 'The Sun' when I find a copy left lying about, and checking for loony Pprune outbursts.

I already knew who Gorgeous George was, from years of reading about him in my favourite British rag, the Torygraph. But this latest wheeze on BB surpassed all my expectations. Every morning on the Tube looking at the headlines of the papers all around me, there he was again! The red leotard was priceless, especially worn posed next to that creepy-looking tranny. 'You can tell a man by the company he keeps,' or perhaps, 'Clothes maketh the man.' Whatever....

And now he is coming to Tower Hamlets to speak on 'Islamophobia.' I thought my alert informant was making this up, just to make me happy on a day when the tangent of the hypotenuse or whatever you call it was weighing heavy upon my tiny mind, but then he showed me the leaflet. The only question now is, how many people are going to show up dressed as cats?

Of course it is perfectly true that I am a deeply shallow person, in that I shall not even bother to walk across the street to listen to GG's vapourings upon the persecuted status of innocent suicide bombers or whatever. If I really cared I would be off like a shot to the costume shop today.

On the other hand, it may well be the case that all cat suits have already been rented out for Friday night. Read all about it in tomorrow's paper.

Erwin Schroedinger
17th Feb 2006, 07:51
You don't need a cat suit!

Meeeeooow! :rolleyes:

Solid Rust Twotter
17th Feb 2006, 10:09
Might be able to rent a couple of Onan's spares if you ask nicely...:ok: