PDA

View Full Version : Stor interesse for Ryanair hos SAS-piloter

jewitts
16th Feb 2006, 07:47
Headline in the Danish press today. (Translates as: Big interest for Ryanair amongst SAS pilots) Stories go on to say that over 200 SAS pilots went along to the Ryanair recruiting day at the Hilton Hotel in CPH. One newspaper even quotes salaries offered:
Ryanairs tilbud til SAS-piloterne indeholder en månedsløn på 52.200 kroner for kaptajner og 34.800 kroner for styrmænd efter skat
That is a monthly (Net salary after tax) of DKK52,200 (€6993 or GBP4783 per month) At Danish tax rates the Gross salaries will be roughly double these figures. (i.e. GBP115,000 per year for a captain)

-8AS
16th Feb 2006, 08:19
Similar situation after the collapse of SABENA. The CRL base is now just a mini SABENA with the bulk of the crews from that company. Also FR already has quite a few ex-SAS pilots.

RYR-738-JOCKEY
16th Feb 2006, 08:38
I have read through the specific offer and it is taylored in such a way that it appears that Ryan can match all the benefits they already have. A couple of thoughts: The salary is for UK based CP's and not mainland based. (Which is almost the equivalent, but in EUROS). They say they can offer pension, disability, death in service, health insurance schemes...what they don't mention is that YOU will pay for it. And then, 28 days annual leave, how can that be an offer when SAS have 42 in addition to 5-4 roster? My advice; if it's too good to be true, then it isn't.

bacardi walla
16th Feb 2006, 09:06
Anything offered by RYR should be looked into very carefully. They are desperate for crews and will no doubt entice anyone with anything they want to hear. Tread carefully.

captjns
16th Feb 2006, 20:40
I have read through the specific offer and it is taylored in such a way that it appears that Ryan can match all the benefits they already have. A couple of thoughts: The salary is for UK based CP's and not mainland based. (Which is almost the equivalent, but in EUROS). They say they can offer pension, disability, death in service, health insurance schemes...what they don't mention is that YOU will pay for it. And then, 28 days annual leave, how can that be an offer when SAS have 42 in addition to 5-4 roster? My advice; if it's too good to be true, then it isn't.

The dirextion SAS is heading their pilots may be out of a job... or I should say they will have more than 42 days of vaction... without pay.

Northern_Driver
12th Mar 2006, 09:21
It sure beats been unemployed;)

Jungleland
14th Mar 2006, 16:45
Never trust the Irish! :mad:

Aloue
16th Mar 2006, 13:41
If you are thinking of employment with Ryanair, have a look at post #7 in this link first: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214074