View Full Version : work wanted 747-400 lame

chemical alli
16th Feb 2006, 07:28
by now we have all seen the start of the demise of a once proud institution that was qf engineering.good old Geoff has started with his virtual airline plans and who suffers but the mouths of babes under the heavy maint lames it is so cost effective to offshore maint to a mro maybe its time the shareholders thought of off-shoring the board to china as well,im sure they could get a CEO on half the rate

Turbo 5B
16th Feb 2006, 07:40
Half the rate?
I'd have a go for 20% of what he's on.
If I effed it up I'd get a good bonus too.
And It seems like I might have a bit of spare time on my hands soon.

domo
16th Feb 2006, 09:27
Dear mr Ali
I believe boeing are setting up a MRO in china they may require mechanics i believe the skilled rate is us$7,000 a year i also heard that china is training 15,000 aircraft mechanics a year (must know something) most china MRO'S are fully booked at the monent so you want to hurry your resume i assume you speak cantonese

Turbo 5B
16th Feb 2006, 10:07
Domo, do they need a CEO as well? I can suggest one.

domo
16th Feb 2006, 10:19
Turbo 5b
i dont need him too expensive, in china CEO us$10,000, hee no good no point cutting labor costs .labor cheep.as ac/dc say dirty deeds done dirth cheep

Plainpilotdriver
17th Feb 2006, 22:14
Everyone keeps using Mr Dixons pay as an example of waste and inefficiency.

Now just hold on,
I'm sure he earns his $115,384.62 per fortnight base pay.

If we didn't pay so well at the top, how would we attract the talent? We need to offer management that much to remain competitive.

Workers, on the other hand, need to be paid less and less so that we can be competitive in a global market.

makes perfect sense to me.

:E :E :E

planemad2
18th Feb 2006, 02:23
Yes, you are being a little hard on poor old Geoff. :eek:
There are thousands of you workers to share the load, but he is all on his own. :E