PDA

View Full Version : Another C-210 crash in Namibia?

dr27
16th Feb 2006, 05:10
:ugh: C-210 crash in Namibia

Anyone heard about this one ? Apparently commenced go-around but failed in attempt and crashed eventually coming to a halt inverted.

No injuries/fatalities.

Bob3213
18th Feb 2006, 12:23
Landing too deep with a tailwind at Damaraland camp, she tried a go-around (with full flaps) and wasn't airborne before the end of the runway. Nose gear hit a rock and then went "gat-oor-kop". No fatalities or injuries. Only the 210 got hurt. Shame...

nomoneynowek
18th Feb 2006, 13:53
What operator? Sefo?

dr27
20th Feb 2006, 04:34
Operator was Sefofane, V5-OWL allegedly

txs for info

nomoneynowek
20th Feb 2006, 12:06
With all due respect, because I have flown with a couple of really good female pilots........ why is it that practically every single female pilot that has flown in the bush in Nam and Bots has, at some stage, bent a plane?

Now I'm not saying that the guys haven't done the same.... just not every single guy I know. The percentages are skewed in the gals favour for sure.

Perhaps the airline environment is a better and safer place for most of them to be flying?

Mungalui
21st Feb 2006, 09:18
Maybe because less female(than male) pilots fly in the bush.:hmm:
I know that plane.Turbo C210 isnt it?
Munga

V5-Pipo
22nd Feb 2006, 20:03
Neggative guys, that was a bonair 550. And flaps were up when it came to a halt.
She landed down-hill, with a tail wind and touched down deep (as there was an aircraft parked on the threshold ...)
A landing done with all odds against it.