PDA

View Full Version : JetConnect v Jetstar - NZ ops

Sqwark2000
15th Feb 2006, 21:29
Hi there,

Several colleagues are interviewing with Jetconnect soon and I was wondering what the latest was with Jetstar moving into NZ. I was under the impression Jetconnect pilots would be reduced in favour of Jetstar crew and that if any current Jetconnect crew wanted to work for Jetstar they would have to apply like anyone else and pay for their own endorsement on the A320.

So what is the future of jetconnect NZ? Are the NZ main trunk routes still to be serviced by Jetconnect B737's and all transtasman to be handled by Jetstar and the A320??

Is it wise to consider Jetconnect as a career move with an apparant (to me anyway!) job security risk??

What say ye all?

S2K

Thumbs up
15th Feb 2006, 22:36
G'day sqwark;
At the moment Jetstar services 3 mainland ports (sorry.couldn't resist) from Christchurch,this could change to include services from other NZ ports in the future ,but not AKL.
About 10 crews based CHC at the moment with FO's off intake starting there.Most want to come back to OZ,so CHC will probably be a starting point for most intake,until something else changes.
Word is large intake this year so those of you who are intersted in a CHC base,would stand a good chance.
Jetconnect still runs the domestic and some ditch crossing and will continue to do so,unless there is some Qantas,Air New Zealand tie up.
Either way you can't lose.
I hear catering with Jetconnect is much better.That may help you make your decision.
Thumbs :ok:

rescue 1
16th Feb 2006, 04:15
apparant (to me anyway!) job security risk??

Given the continuing change that the industry faces, I question who is stable? If your looking for stability then I would leave aviation.

I think I'd take the might of QF though over NZ any day over who'll be here in ten years.

mangatete
16th Feb 2006, 06:54
who's going to be doing the Aussy to Norfolk flying after jetconnect complete their contract at the end of Feb?

IAW
16th Feb 2006, 11:21
Alliance Airlines will be doing Norfolk. First run 4th and 5th March.