PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air end of service benefits

Fat Old Lady
15th Feb 2006, 19:16
Hi folks,

Can anybody explain what the Gulf Air end of service benefits are like ?

Is the pension system comparable to the Emirates one ?

Or is there any sort of bonus paid thru the year besides the normal salary ?

Many thanks in advance

BusTie
16th Feb 2006, 06:29
I hear up to $15,000 per month (of service)......(?????)

not sure

4HolerPoler
16th Feb 2006, 06:48
Great post BusTie :ok: - at first glance I am inclined to bin your claptrap as it will only windup the GF boys. But then a calmness washed over me & I have decided to leave your post as a totem-pole type memorial to one of the biggest "porkies" on this forum.

"Not sure" - bubba you are so right.

4HP

BusTie
16th Feb 2006, 07:07
Haa haa, you are so funny and may I say professional.
Here are the facts from an insider....
Up to US$ 2000 per month for up to 5 years in the event that you are unable to work due to illness or injury. Pilots have the option to increase cover up to 75% of income or $15,000 per month, which ever is less, by voluntary contributions.
Indemnity
Calculated on the number of years the Employee has been employed by the Company, 15 days pay per year of service for the first 3 years and 1 month per year thereafter.
Please grow up and stay on track....

parabellum
16th Feb 2006, 08:40
Sorry BusTie but it is you that needs to stay on track, (and Grow Up!), what you are talking about is end of service due to a disabling accident, you are, in fact, quoting the Personal Accident Insurance policy.

What Fat Old Lady was asking about was provident funds/pension funds/end of service gratuities, stuff like that.

Still it is always a smart move to have a go at a moderator isn't it?:rolleyes:

4HolerPoler
16th Feb 2006, 09:04
Hey, I can take it. Relax brothers.

BusTie's brought up a good point - if your nest-egg's not big enough, open a cabin door, close your eyes and take step outside (ensuring that no-one is watching) and you'll have an additional pension for the next five years. Preferably do this in a first-world location where the paramedics are well trained.

I've never considered disability cover as part of my end-of-service benefits but clearly some guys do.

4HP

ironbutt57
16th Feb 2006, 16:25
Standard Bahrain end of service benefits....as per labor law...

2 weeks basic salary per year for the first 3 years

1 month per year thereafter..so...

10 years of service would leave you with 7 months plus six weeks...basic salary...

Dixons Cider
17th Feb 2006, 08:01
Mr Butt

Are you sure about that? I would read it as being after 10 years you end 10 months in your hand - having qualified for the 1 month per year...

Mind you, I have nothing to base this on, so feel free to shoot me down ;)

ironbutt57
17th Feb 2006, 10:53
rather sure as it was from a previous employer, unless GF have a different policy, or the law has been "reviewed" and the amount was based on the basic salary posted on my last 3 salary slips...which is why many banks in Bah require this number of salary slips prior to extending credit facilities....but as always, this could have been changed.....worth posing to the HR dept actually....

tic
19th Feb 2006, 00:12
If GF had any fore-sight, they would pay the best pilots salary in the ME. If they did that, there would not be the exodus. It would be worthwhile, because the guys would stay, and prevent the constant resignations. In-stead right now many many pilots are fed-up, and can perhaps go to EK or EY, which all in all give a better package, especially, if you have family. GF, being a long serving airline in this part of the world, do really, need, a wake up call. Housing and schooling, is a huge case in point.

Left Coaster
19th Feb 2006, 01:02
And that has what to do with end of service benefits?:confused: