PDA

View Full Version : cessna cj rating

flyinggromit
15th Feb 2006, 15:40
Hello there,
I need some advice...
I've been offered a type rating on the citationjet 525.
The question is: do I need an mcc course before the training?
My understanding is that the cj is single pilot so no mcc but i I fly public tranport so 2 pilot do I need it???
Thanks in advance.

Blu2
16th Feb 2006, 07:23
In a word 'yes' you do!
Blu

BillieBob
17th Feb 2006, 20:09
In another word - 'No, you don't', not in the UK at least. However, the rules in Italy may be different.

JAR-FCL1 requires MCC training before the addition of the first multi-pilot aeroplane type rating. The CJ1 is not certified as a multi-pilot aeroplane, no matter how it may be operated. What's more, FODCOM 5/00 states: "Pilots operating SPA under JAR-OPS rules, i.e. as multi-pilot, will not be required to undergo further Multi-Crew Co-operation (MCC) training for endorsement of a Multi-pilot aeroplane (MPA) on their licence provided they have operated multi-pilot for an AOC operator for a minimum of 500 hours and have undergone two (OPCs).", so get a 525 on your licence, operate it for 500hrs multi-pilot and you then avoid the need for a MCC course at all.

Blu2
26th Feb 2006, 17:47
I stand corrected ~ apologies.
I just remember 'having' to do an MCC course before I did a CJ rating, mind you it was a long time ago and I was obviously ill advised.
Blu