PDA

View Full Version : With Thanks

coley chaos
15th Feb 2006, 15:34
My 16 year old daughter who is in sixth form school,is seeking to be a helicopter pilot in the Fleet Air Arm. We have sought advice through a relative who is a pilot and have had interviews with the Navy Carreers and have been able to arrange some air experience flights and a weeks visit to Yeovilton.

Having monitored these forums and been sometimes dismayed and encouraged by what goes on in the military I would like to comment.

We have at each stage (albeit an early one) been subject to proffesional and encouraging direction and advice. To the service people who have seemingly gone out of their way to submit faxes etc to her school for work experience and tracked down the relevant officer in Norway to do so, many thanks.

Up to her at the end of the day to impress the relevant bods and pass courses but its an encouraging start!

Cheers guys.

P.s. they dont do work experience for 40 year old school boys! Bugger :sad:

A2QFI
15th Feb 2006, 16:03
I was very pleased to read that you had good support for your daughter's plans for a flying career. I notice that the RN are good at getting publicity, taking part in stunts with Clarkson in Top Gear and flying 2 Test cricketers the other day, and good luck to them for that. However, behind the scenes and out of the public eye, they are working just as hard on matters such as your daughter. Well done the RN and success to your daughter.