PDA

View Full Version : When the wheel is on the wrong side

Phil Hudson
15th Feb 2006, 01:47
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1634/l34xs.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1070/l28zm.jpg :cool:

Jerricho
15th Feb 2006, 01:54
And you all were wondering what I got of eBay............

Avtrician
15th Feb 2006, 02:20
Clever and interesting, definitely. Legal, praps not. I would not like to be driving it when the belt breaks, or if it hit a rock/pothole. Belt slip would be hard to remove, shoulda used a chain and sprockets:ok:

Blacksheep
15th Feb 2006, 03:27
Mrs B would like that. Generally I sit behind the wheel while she drives the car. :rolleyes:

As an aviation related aside, the BBMF vandalised their Lancaster in similar fashion so they could operate with a two pilot crew. With Avro's original configuration, at least you always knew who to blame.

(I suppose they'll have swapped Gee and Oboe for a GPS by now, was well.)

Tarnished
15th Feb 2006, 03:35
US Postal Service Mod Kit.

Our here in rural Texas, I have seen our postie in her LHD Ford Explorer sat in the RHS delivering the mail with bum in pax seat and not equipped with this mod pack. I kid you not.

T

Marvin the Robot
15th Feb 2006, 05:29
OK, lets see.........

Her legs through the belt, sitting on the lower part, hanging onto the steering wheel with one hand and bracing against the roof with her other hand. I would beeeeeeeeeee..... :uhoh:

Ah, no that's no good. :*

OK, her waist through the belt, doggy style, hands as before, with me between the seats, head sideways to fit the roof line.........

Now we're getting somewhere! :E

**** though! You'd have to be careful not to get anything trapped between the belt and the pulley! :ooh: :{

Curious Pax
15th Feb 2006, 08:44
Off to get my UK car checked prior to getting Dutch plates this afternoon. I'd wondered what they were going to do.....

Mudfoot
15th Feb 2006, 09:03
Must play hell signalling for a left-hand turn... but plenty of excuses for speeding: inability to read the speedometer (sorry, ..metre... or is it?) Yank-speak, ya know.

Cheers, y'all.

forget
15th Feb 2006, 09:16
BBMF vandalised Lancaster? I think not. I believe this particular aircraft was manufactured with dual controls.

airship
15th Feb 2006, 12:42
I wouldn't drive in the snow in one of them...it's only got a 2WD?

seacue
15th Feb 2006, 13:22
US Postal Service Mod Kit.
Our here in rural Texas, I have seen our postie in her LHD Ford Explorer sat in the RHS delivering the mail with bum in pax seat and not equipped with this mod pack. I kid you not.
T

At least the Post Office's own vehicles for suburban motorized routes are righthand-drive. Weird vehicles with front wheels spaced about a foot less than the rear ones. http://tinyurl.com/azf22

Lon More
15th Feb 2006, 14:34
Looks like using indicators/horn/lights could be challenging

G-CPTN
15th Feb 2006, 15:02
It's a MIL car.

Buster Hyman
15th Feb 2006, 21:02
Good for the speed cameras. "I was not in the drivers seat at the time yer Honour, and the photo proves it!"

Blacksheep
16th Feb 2006, 00:35
BBMF vandalised Lancaster? I think not. I believe this particular aircraft was manufactured with dual controls.Apologies for thread creep, but I can't let that go unanswered.

I was one of those who restored PA474 at Waddington. It arrived from Henlow in '65 as a Mk III (i.e. Packard Merlins and paddle blade propellors), but somewhat modified for flight testing the "Midge" wing. The vertical stabilisers were the larger ones fitted to the Lincoln to provide extra stability with the Midge wing fitted and there was no mid-upper turret. There were certainly no control wheel or rudder pedals at the Flight Engineer's station. I also notice that the BBMF now describe her as a Mk I, despite the fact that she appears to still have the larger Lincoln fins fitted.