PDA

View Full Version : judge john deed

ATRIXO
15th Feb 2006, 01:11
There seem to be a lot of true life cases that are running alongside this series.Does this mean that there is a leak or is the BBC working in tandem with the judicial/medical profession?(Against the Government)!
More curiously does the high court have the power to over rule the doctors decision based on science or generally on God and the parents faith?I suppose ,Yes.
What happens now given that baby Charlotte will be taken into care as the parents have separated? Horrible to think about out. In Denmark it would never have happened.They don't allow children to survive in such a state.
There has been so much talk over MMR causing brain damage and court cases,would you let your child have it;or if the mother refused would you go to court to make her?

Krystal n chips
15th Feb 2006, 15:14
I happen to think it's a very good series----a sort of "Yes Minister" ( albeit without the comedy element of course ) about the judiciary and all the machinations that masquerade as a judicial system at times---to an outsider that is.

As for the story lines / topics, well why not ?. No point in presenting sanitised cases I feel or the programme simply becomes another "soap" and hence the "OFF" switch can be depressed asap !. Is there another agenda ? Who knows. Certainly the cases in the programme have topicality, but better this than some cobbled together inane "plot".

It also has a lot of severely dressed and very nice, attractive and assertive ladies as well !. ;) :hmm:

UniFoxOs
15th Feb 2006, 15:43
It's enjoyable enough, but is it realistic? I mean, do judges really have the power to select what cases they want to try (if they have an axe to grind) and invent different punishments and methods of trying cases? Perhaps our resident barrister could comment?

effortless
15th Feb 2006, 16:27
There has been so much talk over MMR causing brain damage and court cases,would you let your child have it;

I'm not anti jab but I always left a good period of time to elapse before I let the little beasts have another one. The evidence is against MMR per se being a cause of Autism but I always thought that measles mumps etc. were relatively low risk in the UK so I wasn't that keen on the jab. I am very worried about the cocktail effect. I was told by a researcher at a certain government establishment that he believed that Gulf War Syndrome was most likely this.

We have wonderful immune systems which need experience to function properly. Google the hygiene hypothesis to see what I mean. This said I think that anyone who objects to Polio, TB or Dyptheria jabs is asking for trouble.

JJD is IMO entertaining bollocks. At least it isn't Ultimate Farce. :rolleyes:

got caught
15th Feb 2006, 16:46
MMR rocks :ok: so does judge deed- he might be a ppruner- isn't he a PPL holder?

edusaeanna
15th Feb 2006, 17:21
My dad seems to spend his entire life watching Judge John Deed, which I have since coined Judge John Dead Boring....it's almost as nausiating as Deal or No Deal. :zzz:

Flap 5
15th Feb 2006, 17:59
I can remember Martin Shaw in The Professionals! (Now repeated on freeview 'Men and Motors' channel). :\ :eek:

ManfredvonRichthofen
15th Feb 2006, 18:01
Slightly more realistic than the A-team, with a bit of A-level law thrown in:hmm:

tart1
15th Feb 2006, 20:22
I really enjoy it but I don't think it is in any way realistic.

The episode about Deed on the jury was ludicrous and contrived, the members of the jury were caricatures and the plot was a cliche from beginning to end.

Also, it seems that all the female barristers and high court judges are either sleeping with/want to sleep with/want to marry, or have slept with/been married to John Deed and are all extremely feminine and attractive.

Now forgive me if I am wrong but I don't think that many lady High Court judges look like the one who is (well, was) giving our Judge Deed what for!! It's a nice fantasy but that is it.

I still watch and enjoy ........ I also remember Martin Shaw from his Professional days and he wasn't the one I fancied then but he's a really sexy guy now.

It's a shame we don't have a dribble/slurp smiley, isn't it?? :E

G-CPTN
15th Feb 2006, 20:38
Mrs G-CPTN has a soft spot for Martin Shaw (though doesn't like Judge John Deed). Otherwise John Thaw floated her boat in Morse.

tart1
15th Feb 2006, 20:50
Yeah, I've definitely got a 'soft spot' for Martin Shaw/John Deed!!!!! :ok:

colmac747
15th Feb 2006, 20:52
Hmmm! So has Mrs Colmac, although the programme is usually v.good.

Unwell_Raptor
15th Feb 2006, 22:37
It is absolute tosh, albeit nicely put together. I can't bear to watch it, because it's only a few minutes in before I wnat to start yelling at the telly. I occasionally lunch with a roomful of real judges, and they are all very interested in what's on the next show. I think that the idea of a sexy judge is just what they need to encourage them.

tony draper
15th Feb 2006, 23:17
Brit drama is shite now because the fluffies who commision such thing dont see it as drama, they see it as a potential vehicle for socialy engineering the rest of us.
:cool:

fokker
19th Feb 2006, 18:05
Drapes; for the first time I can recall you are talking SH1TE - JJD is a good watch anyway but to tar 'Brit drama' this way is quite unfair, especially at the moment. What about "Foyle's War" - completely fab, and the best thing on the telly for years "Life on Mars" - utterly brilliant. I actually look forward to Monday night goggle-box just for that. ADmittedly there's a lot of dross but then, there always was.

Yours sincerely

Michael Grade

XX

;)

edusaeanna
19th Feb 2006, 18:09
Foyle's War

There goes another one....I do love to infuriate my dad by calling it Foyle's Bore....Life on Mars is indeed good though, I'll give you that.

High Wing Drifter
19th Feb 2006, 20:07
Judge John Deed strikes me as very similar to Spooks. Both excellent entertainment and drama, both vehicles for scenarios related to current affairs and both merely waving a stick in the general direction of realism.

Cameronian
19th Feb 2006, 23:52
Jenny Seagrove's alright, though. I've NEVER had a soft spot for her.....:E

Rocky Rhodes
20th Feb 2006, 06:28
Judge John Deed...great stuff, who cares if they have to jazz it up a bit with the plot lines. From an antipodean point of view, the best thing about Brit drama is the all too human aspects to the hero characters. They are all flawed as are we mere mortals on the other end of the picture tube....Morse,Cracker,Deed,Dalzeil....all insomniac pisspots,the lot of them. Tom Barnaby's the only white knight. Foyle was a brilliant show too. Now if they would only re-run The Singing Detective......

Sparkle
20th Feb 2006, 09:49
dear Atrixo
If I ever get into the situation of inoculating my little one I WILL NOT give him/her the cocktail. I will pay for single jabs. The whole MMR thing is an NHS time and cost saving exercise, and I will not have it practiced on my offspring. Ok, I don't mind having to go to the surgery a few times, and the trauma for the baby is nothing compared to becoming autistic.

As for Judge John Deed: He can give me one anytime:E

Just as well I have been summoned for Jury duty. :E

beamer
20th Feb 2006, 11:05
Hey - its just a good tv programme thats all - just like 'Life on Mars' on a monday night. The good Justice Deed is a good looking chap who likes a bit of wenching on the side- and why not ? A little strange that all his cases seem to be fought between his lover and his ex-wife but there you go.

Vfrpilotpb
20th Feb 2006, 17:00
Some of you will have, other's wont have,..... Stood in front of a Judge that is, let me assure you all , any Judge in England(dont know about Scotland or Wales,) does indeed have absolute power, and if crossed will use it on the highest or lowest in the land, no doubt Flying Lawyer will or may (alledgedly) add to this but a Judge is quiet possibly the most powerfull man(or Gal) any of us normal civvies could ever meet, his word is Law, even if wrong!

and like many I am a great fan of the Deed:)

Vfr