PDA

View Full Version : Do you trust Google?

Jerricho
14th Feb 2006, 19:51
I was going to post this in the Internet issues forum, but I thought I'd see what you mob have to say about it.

A friend of mine sent me this link (http://news.com.com/FAQ+When+Google+is+not+your+friend/2100-1025_3-6034666.html?tag=nl) and and this one (http://www.eff.org/news/archives/2006_02.php#004400) about the all mighty search engine. I've received christ knows how may gmail invitations that I have never taken up the offer. I don't think I trust the Google bastards. I've got nothing really to hide except them nekkid photos of Onan and Buster H together (Brokeback Prooners ;) ), but anyone else very wary of them (Google, not Onan and Buster)

Gonzo
14th Feb 2006, 20:11
There does seem to be an increasing number of organisations, not just Google, trying to collate/store information about your computer or computing habits. Witness the recent hoohah with Sony's DRM 'rootkit' that shipped with some of its CDs recently.

It is concerning, especially when you consider how unaware some people are regarding computer security!

Would I trust them? Well, I just bear in mind all the time that my moves on the net are being tracked in a logfile somewhere! Might just be an IP addy, but I'm sure 'Echelon' or whatever the DIA/NSA call it this week can work out where I live!

Jerricho
14th Feb 2006, 20:24
can work out where I live!

That's because you keep writing your phone number on the back of public toilet doors...............so I'm told.

But you're correct old mate. Now, I know people round these parts wouldn't be associated with anything slightly dodgy, but who knows who may end up with the details of the internet searches you may have done regarding "bombs" "dead" and "Ronnie" (while searching for movies made by the now late ex-president)

click
14th Feb 2006, 20:32
Trust no one. They are out there!:E

Gonzo
14th Feb 2006, 21:39
That's because you keep writing your phone number on the back of public toilet doors...............so I'm told.

You won't get out of it that easily, you were by far and away my most frequent caller!!!!! I'm sure you were obsessed about my hair.....:bored:

tall and tasty
14th Feb 2006, 22:21
There does seem to be an increasing number of organisations, not just Google, trying to collate/store information about your computer or computing habits. Witness the recent hoohah with Sony's DRM 'rootkit' that shipped with some of its CDs recently.

oh dear had not thought of that!! I have a g account and it has its frustrations but have had it for over a year and happy with it. But I don't use the inhouse search engine I tend to do that separately. But being a girlie they would know my sites would include............ girlie shoes, bags clothes, makeup, footie stuff, underwear, garden impliments, carpets, camels, woman's hubbies, cooking, cleaning stuff, cars stuff, childrens toys, other toys, leather gear for the bike and other occasions, footsie index, wrapping papers cards, the odd political stuff to keep up at the dinner parties,the latest music, celeb goss, what is in and out, the best washing powder to remove those annoying little stains and how to keep your hands looking soft and beautiful and how to be the perfect woman around the house.:O

So being a typical woman they may not bother keeping tabs...............or would they?????

TnT

ShyTorque
14th Feb 2006, 22:31
Underwear, leather gear for the bike and other occasions, "Footsie" index, "other toys", what is in and out.........the best washing powder to remove those annoying little stains :E

Blokes "allegedly" visit such "girly" sites too........... ;)

Oh, TnT, stop it, stop it, LOL!

G-CPTN
14th Feb 2006, 22:53
Say Hello to the guys from M*nw*th H*ll everybody. :ok:

Buster Hyman
14th Feb 2006, 23:30
If it's the photo where I'm "driving", then feel free to distribute!:ok: But not the felching one okay...:suspect:

Gerhardt
14th Feb 2006, 23:55
A typical woman? I thought that was just an urban myth.

Farrell
15th Feb 2006, 00:00
Well, if you dance with the devil......

Jo Cover
15th Feb 2006, 00:01
No, thats a perfect woman Gerhardt.....

With the exception of Tall and Tasty of course!!:O :O

Gingerbread Man
15th Feb 2006, 10:14
Don't you mean Menwith Hill?

Jerricho
15th Feb 2006, 12:05
I loved it when my threads end up like this :) :p

I now don't trust you buggers either.

airship
15th Feb 2006, 12:39
Anyone using a MS OS should take it for granted that their computer will at some stage communicate with others on the network, whether that is with, or without their knowledge. This (mal)function is built-in.

How else do you think that they get away with being a monopoly?! :uhoh:

Taildragger55
15th Feb 2006, 12:53
Sony's DRM 'rootkit'

Rootkit? A must for every Australian.

G-CPTN
15th Feb 2006, 13:25
Don't you mean Menwith Hill?

Shush! They're listening . . .

Here, you're not from M*nw*th H*ll, are you?
Biggest golf balls - must be from Texas.

Gingerbread Man
15th Feb 2006, 19:42
Nah, i'm from Fyl*ngdales ;) . Ooh, criptic!

If the golf ball palace is supposed to be hush hush, why did they build it next to a main road?