PDA

View Full Version : IFR Military style!

rotorboater
14th Feb 2006, 17:28
IFR (I Follow Roads) Flight - big download but worth it! :)
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/2006-2-13_altitudefive.wmv

Broadcast Control
14th Feb 2006, 18:21
A lot of things can be done with a helicopter - some spectacular, and some just plain stupid! Furthermore, I guess the video is a result of people being bored too long. IMHO it also reflects poor leadership in the unit involved.

SASless
14th Feb 2006, 19:04
I agree WhatLimit....that crewman should have had his clear/tinted visor down. What a violation of basic safety procedures.

B Sousa
15th Feb 2006, 00:30
Typical Military right Sasless....er ah.....you sure you didnt cut up in the military..........
I will confess if you do................ :E :E

SASless
15th Feb 2006, 01:21
Cut a Monkey Shine....nope not me Bert. I never had a crewmember throw rice straw at me that he had gathered from the cargo hook of a Chinook....while we were still in flight at a reasonably low enroute altitude. I never cut down the 292 antenna at the Battalion TOC either (at night). I deny anything to do with the airboat on the canal west of Saigon too....no matter what Norm Hberger (he was in the boat at the time) says.....nope...it was not me.

Ah....dems wuz the days!

Now one time....west of An Loc/Quan Loi....weather clear beneath a very low overcast....clouds right down on top of the trees....as I am scooting along the road (Rome plowed back about a hundred meters each side of the road)...I rounded the curve laid over on the side...peeking up through the Green House....really had the ears laid back on that old girl....and saw another Chinook coming the other way doing the same thing. My but the road gets crowded sometimes. The least he could have done was wave as we went by. I recognized the other aircraft by the Bullseye Target it had painted on the belly around the cargo hook . Twas my hoochmate driving it.