PDA

View Full Version : VIC FALLS

slapfaan
14th Feb 2006, 05:13
Hi gents..and ladies!!!

I will be in Vic Falls for 1 night next month..and looking for reasonable accomodation (bed+shower)..

Any suggestions..airline crew discount etc..

Thanks

Slapfaan

Coleman Myers
14th Feb 2006, 06:10
My Zim mates here say call Nick Brown +263-91-237682

Solid Rust Twotter
14th Feb 2006, 06:15
Zim or Zam side?

The Safari Lodge on the Zim side used to be quite good with great views over the water hole from your bedroom window while mongoose, monkeys and baboons made leaving the windows open an adventure.:ok:

Ingwe
14th Feb 2006, 10:38
Slapfaan

last time was in the falls was a while ago, stayed at the Safari Lodge, it's a very nice place but I personally think it's over priced. Try Ilala lodge, it's in town and I think it gives you the best value for money in the Falls. They do airport transfers for guests not sure about crew discount though?

Good luck

beechbum
14th Feb 2006, 13:36
Slapfaan, you might want to contact either the hotels or tour operators directly and see what crew discount you can obtain. You may find with occupancy a little down that they'd be happy to give it to you at a good rate just to fill the room. You may never know.....also the price you'd get at say Safari Lodge or one of the others may make it worth your while....give it a bash.
A word of advice don't change any money in the streets.........:ok:

pilotezulu
15th Feb 2006, 08:23
Zambezi Sun Hotel $148 on Zambian side, breakfast incl. Real nice hotel.

Waterfront Lodge, further into town (closer to airport) ...$80/night inclusive of breakfast...breakfast not superb, neither is the service, but nice location.