View Full Version : Tyabb this weekend NOTAM released?

Critical Reynolds No
14th Feb 2006, 01:45
Hello,
Is there a NOTAM for the goings on at Tyabb this Sunday? Just need to know if the "Ringmaster" freq will be the CTAF freq? Can anyone point me to any online source? Nothing on the PAC site but if no joy, I'll give them a ring.
Cheers

UnderneathTheRadar
14th Feb 2006, 06:34
Standby....

AEIO-540
14th Feb 2006, 09:02
All of the airshow that I have been to will let you know what freq the ringmaster will be on in the pilot briefing. If your are not in the show there is no need to be on that freq as they have the normal freq monitored by people anyway. This is just a process that airshow seem to use to stop any chatter on the ringmasters freq so pilots in the show are not distracted and can talk whenever needed. If you require him they will tell you when you get there on the ground or in the air.

So I wouldn’t worry about it until Sunday. Hope that helps :ok:

Critical Reynolds No
14th Feb 2006, 21:39
Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably being flying in but no display (not like the Auster that departed 45 degrees to the runway over the ditch!). I will have a couple of "spotters" on board and they would like to know the ringmaster freqs for their scanners and whatever else Spotters do! I'll guess they'll have to scan. They have been bugging me to find out.
Looks like good weather so should be a great day.

Squawk7700
14th Feb 2006, 23:22
There will be a ringmaster operating on a different frequency, but there won't be a change to the CTAF.

buckshot1777
15th Feb 2006, 01:40
There is a NOTAM: MELBOURNE FIR C0514/06.

Your test is to find it yourself, rather than me post it here for you :)

And for your spotters, the display freq. is 127.9, but no-one uses it unless instructed.

Use the CTAF freq. 126.7

Critical Reynolds No
15th Feb 2006, 21:08
Thanks Buckshot,

The spotters are humping my leg as we speak!