PDA

View Full Version : RYAN AIR The series....

Jo Cover
13th Feb 2006, 19:56
Well what do Ppruners think of the programme?? Was this a carefully put together programme or was it an accurate account of Ryan Air's operations? Looked a little suspect to me. Don't think the CC would have been able to ask as many questions without looking very suspect. Was this very well edited?

AlexB
13th Feb 2006, 20:11
As with every dispatches programme, its a severely blinkered view of life, 99% of the events in the documentary happen on every airline. Many of the points raised were far from life threatening/ tv worthy, its a shame that C4 don't employ researchers who have knowlege in the industry before making damming claims.

frostbite
13th Feb 2006, 20:12
Seems to me that crew have more to worry about than do the pax.

Mugi
13th Feb 2006, 20:24
These programs usually expose individuals severely underperforming and leave it to the viewer to make the sweeping generalisation.

The training company seemed quite remiss though - but I suppose if pass targets were being met, and no one on the staff complained (and why would they) then how would anyone ever find out.

I've been on a Lufthansa/Star Alliance flight that smelled almost overwhelmingly of sick. Sadly, you mix flying with the public and you will get that. An unpleasant fact of life.

stue
13th Feb 2006, 21:17
As far as i could make out it was mainly about bad customer service rather than any real safety issues.:rolleyes:

timmcat
13th Feb 2006, 21:17
As you might expect, big discussion going on here. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=210572)

The links on this (http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/inpage.php?partner=DISPATCHES) page make quite interesting reading.

tart1
13th Feb 2006, 21:30
You might be interested to know that the thread on R&N has just been locked. Pity, I was enjoying that one! :)

Busy night for the mods, I think.

tart1
13th Feb 2006, 21:34
Oh no, wrong!!
Danny has just opened it again with some comments. :D