PDA

View Full Version : Haunted BA747...Truth or Hoax?

link4
13th Feb 2006, 18:31
Anyone heard of it?

What do you think, actual spectre or C.C's having too much to drink the night before.....:ok:

ExSimGuy
13th Feb 2006, 18:52
Dunno about a 74, but Eastern's flight 401 that went down in the Everglades was reported (frequently) to have resulted in the FE's ghost warning other 1011 crews of potential dangers. Google it for more info!

Capt.KAOS
13th Feb 2006, 19:52
Is that the one that never lands?

Dan Bentley
13th Feb 2006, 20:03

I haven't heard of that one. No, this is Eastern 401.
http://www.123gold.com/flight401/

Where did you hear about a flight that never lands?:ooh:

Capt.KAOS
13th Feb 2006, 20:26
DB; It was an airplane that crashed after the 3rd missed approach with zero sight. The last words of the captain were: ""I WILL land this airplane even if I have to keep flying until doomsday!"

So, even today whenever there's a dense fog, if you look really good, you will be able to see the airplane and its captain.

Unwell_Raptor
13th Feb 2006, 21:04
For heaven's sake! This is 2006! There ain't no ghosties or ghoulies, and if you believe in them that says more about you than it does about the supernatural.

It's hard to believe that we are so far on from the witch trials.

Jerricho
13th Feb 2006, 21:38
For heaven's sake! This is 2006!....... and if you believe in them that says more about you than it does about the supernatural.

Kinda like believeing in heaven eh? ;)

Dan Bentley
13th Feb 2006, 21:46
DB; It was an airplane that crashed after the 3rd missed approach with zero sight. The last words of the captain were: ""I WILL land this airplane even if I have to keep flying until doomsday!"

So, even today whenever there's a dense fog, if you look really good, you will be able to see the airplane and its captain.

I know that. But what did you mean by it never lands?

Buster Hyman
13th Feb 2006, 22:27
It's bad luck to believe in superstition!

Desert Dingo
13th Feb 2006, 23:16
It's bad luck to believe in superstition!
Yes. and also thank god you are not religious. :ok:

DX Wombat
13th Feb 2006, 23:38
A bit like this one then? http://photobucket.com/albums/v604/DX_Wombat/?action=view&current=P1011289.jpg
To be fair, the vertical visibility was MUCh better than the horizontal when this landed. :ok:

galaxy flyer
14th Feb 2006, 02:00
I was at EAL..........some folks SWORE to the heavens they saw Captain Bob Loft and his crew sitting in first class; others thought those folks should be put away, permanently. Who knows??

Onan the Clumsy
14th Feb 2006, 02:15
For heaven's sake! This is 2006! There ain't no ghosties or ghoulies, and if you believe in them that says more about you than it does about the supernatural.Not necessarily. It wasn't too long ago that we didn't believe in sub-atomic particles and before that atoms, molecules, electricity, magnetism, the Earth being a sphere. We still don't believe that speeds faster than light are possible, or that aliens exist.

What might the future reveal?

So "believe", not necessarily, but prepared to believe subject to rigorous scrutiny, well that's a different matter.

Buster Hyman
14th Feb 2006, 02:18
No, he's right Onan...They don't exist. I just checked my Ouiji board & it confirmed it.

Loose rivets
14th Feb 2006, 04:06
I like the ginger kitty. One likes ginger kitties, one had one called Sparkles in Austin. had to leave him behind cos of quarentine in those days.:{

Oh, Ghosts. of course they exist...what do you think we are?

RiskyRossco
14th Feb 2006, 04:47
Spirits, yes. Ghosts are a populist by-product and great for marketing of TV shows and Hollywood flics.

BlueWolf
14th Feb 2006, 05:04
Beings of light are we, not this crude matter....

Interesting concept raised in another thread just recently, about the possibility of ghosts being memories of a sort, echoes perhaps, of events and people past, preserved in the same non-understood way as low frequency radio transmissions which bounce around in the never-never and pop up decades later to confound and amaze us.

I have had experience of observing, and otherwise being aware of, people with a non-physical presence, but when I think of it, never in a conversational sense; so maybe it was only ever just a replay, so to speak.
Then again, I have also seen the effects of physical objects which are moved without anyone being physically present either. Perhaps there is more to it than recordings alone.

N380UA
14th Feb 2006, 06:01
"You're riding on a jet airliner en route from London to New York. You're at 35,000 feet atop an overcast and roughly fifty-five minutes from Idlewild Airport. But what you've seen occur inside the cockpit of this plane is no reflection on the aircraft or the crew. It's a safe, well-engineered, perfectly designed machine, and the men you've just met are a trained, cool, highly efficient team. The problem is simply that the plane is going too fast and there is nothing within the realm of knowledge or at least logic to explain it. Unbeknownst to passenger and crew, this airplane is heading into an unchartered region well off the beaten track of commercial travelers. It's moving into the Twilight Zone. What you're about to see we call The Odyssey of Flight 33."

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone

tom de luxe
14th Feb 2006, 06:27
For heaven's sake! This is 2006! There ain't no ghosties or ghoulies, and if you believe in them that says more about you than it does about the supernatural.
It's hard to believe that we are so far on from the witch trials.
Oi! stop insulting the Sacred Ghosties and/or Ghoulies! It's unholy and verboten!! (Alternatively, please tell me where exactly your're from, so I know which country's products to boycott. Do you have a suitable, i.e. widely available, flag I could burn, or do I have to order these?)
:E

Spuds McKenzie
14th Feb 2006, 06:32
Sounds like the Flying Dutchman to me... ;)

straightnotlevel
14th Feb 2006, 08:10
the flite that neverlands??

aint that a wacko jacko thing???

or my last sector!!!

Fly380
14th Feb 2006, 10:42
Possibly. G-BNLD 747-400. Captain died in the bunk enroute NRT. Since then a/c known as Lima Death! Depends if you believe in Ghosts. RIP.

Fly380
14th Feb 2006, 13:01
Re: Haunted BA747 - Link4, Maybe I am the only person to have have felt 'uneasy' sleeping in the same bunk but I bet I am not! The sad event happened around the mid nineties - a really nice guy and in APS too.:sad: