PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training in North/South Carolina?

Scoobster
13th Feb 2006, 18:29
A quick question to anyone who has flown in North/South Carolina. In fact a quick question to anyone really.

I am about to embark upon the FAA PPL all the way up to the ATP course. I have searched the forum and have been paying heed to the whole host of information regarding visiting flight schools, different places to train and finding out as much as possible before commiting.

The trouble is I am based in the UK, so hypothetically speaking I would need to visit each school in before making a decision or I can just go straight into training without visiting the school. I have narrowed it down to a few select schools including Ari Ben/EFT, Westwind Aviation etc..

From a practical and expenses point of view, I am able to obtain 'free accomodation' for the duration of my stay if I train in NC/SC (accomodation with relatives) as oppossed to needing accomodation if I train elsewhere (hostel). I also understand that it is sensible to obtain a good solid grounding in your PPL as this will form the basis of any future flight training.

So with this factor in mind, does it really matter where you do your PPL from an employment perspective? if so is anyone able to recommend any good flight schools in NC/SC (as I can minimise expense)? or should I be looking at other schools, I am leaning towards AriBen at the moment?

Once I have my PPL I will move onto AriBen or similar school for the CPL and I will also aim to take the PPL ground exams in the UK using the Jeppensen Part 141 Study Material before I leave for the U.S to maximise time spent flying...As far as I know they can be taken at LGW?

Thanks.

Ninety-Nines
14th Feb 2006, 02:16
Try NAIA (North American Institute of Aviation).

Not sure for PPL standards, but the Instructors that they train are normally above average standards having flown/dealt with more than 10.

Good luck

pilotsearch
31st May 2006, 08:30
Have spoken to a lot of pilots about that school and all recommend that. Instructors are very good and service on the planes are good too. Many have got job on great airlines such SAS, Sterling, BA.
Im going there myself if you wonder...