PDA

View Full Version : FCA-LGW Varadero

freddieplanecrazy
13th Feb 2006, 14:53
Hi guys,
I am flying FCA to Varadero from LGW in the summer. I have heard a lot of good things about their new product. I am travelling in star class and have a few questions:
* What is the food like?
* Are drinks included in the price and if not, are they expensive?
* Which are the best seats to get (we are a family of 5)
* Is the service good?
* How do you upgrade to on-demand entertainment, I heard you have to pay abput £5 for it. Do you pay it on the day or do you pre- book?
* What is Varadero airport like?
* Is it worthwile checking in quite early in both directions, will there be long queues?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Regards,
FPC

Getoutofmygalley
13th Feb 2006, 15:05
Have you tried checking their website? Did you not check what was included when you paid for your ticket :confused:

freddieplanecrazy
13th Feb 2006, 17:20
All I know is that pre-booked seating and meals are included, but am not sure if that means drinks as well.

Matty J
13th Feb 2006, 21:07
Being a charter flight i would imagine you will have to pay for your drinks onboard.

The new FCA product is fantastic though! I flew LGW-SFB with them in October last year and could'nt fault anything, our drinks were free but i was in Star Class Premier so that may have been why.

Having flown FCA before the re-fit/re-brand there is now one hell of a difference!

Have a good trip!

Matt.:ok:

Localiser Green
13th Feb 2006, 22:05
I too have heard good things about the new product and looking forward to enjoying it myself in June.
Are drinks included in the price
Not in Star Class, they will be about the same cost as most charter outfits.
Which are the best seats to get (we are a family of 5)
Aircraft configuration is 2-3-2 so a 2 by the window with the 3 in the middle on the same row seems logical.
How do you upgrade to on-demand entertainment
I believe this is £5 per person per sector, payable directly to the cabin crew on the aircraft who will 'upgrade' your TV (presumably through some magical device in the galley?)
Is it worthwile checking in quite early in both directions, will there be long queues?
Best advice is to book the "Day Before Checkin" - if it works for you time-wise. When you do this with FCA you can check your bags in the day before, from noon to about 10pm I think. There are a few advantages:
1) The dedicated check-in desk (normally for Premium passengers, even though you are not one) is always empty all day when I have done it, so no waiting.
2) Your seats are pre-booked together (even though this option alone costs more than Day Before Checkin, not something FCA advertise!).
3) Even if you don't like your pre-booked seats, you have most of the aircraft to choose from.
4) You only need to get to the airport the next morning about an hour before departure, pick up boarding cards which are waiting for you from the premium desk then walk straight to the gate.
5) Every time I have done it the seats for the return flight to the UK have also been pre-booked for us (normally the same assignment as outbound). This saves the scramble at the other end which is normally less organised at the best of times.

firstforfirstchoice
14th Feb 2006, 14:59
Hi,

All I can say is that you have made 100% the right decision with regards to your holiday/flight, first choice are number 1! Mind you I do work for them!

The food is excellent.
If you are travelling in Star class then you will have to pay for drinks onboard, except drinks with meals, but all drinks are free in Star Class premier.

You can check-in the day before at LGW or check-in on the day, however there will be queues, unless you get there early.

Not going to go on, as it has all been mentioned in the previous reply,
hope you have a great time!!

Cheers.

Localiser Green
14th Feb 2006, 16:41
If you are travelling in Star class then you will have to pay for drinks onboard, except drinks with meals
Does that mean you get alcoholic drinks with your meal (e.g. wine)?