PDA

View Full Version : Legit - kids' science experiment on reaction times

wishtobflying
13th Feb 2006, 05:52
I posted this in Rotorheads as well but thought some of you mil aircrew might like to give this a go as well ...

I wouldn't normally pass this sort of thing on but it's kind of fun and it's legitimate, I personally know the girl that sent me the email, and she knows the kid .... you get the idea.... so go ahead and give it a go ...

http://www.rider2rider.com/

My score was 0.22

Hello,
One of the 7th graders here at the school is doing a science project that has to do with reaction time and age. He needs some data. I am forwarding this email [sic] address http://www.rider2rider.com/ so you can try it and support science. It is very simple and will take you less than a minute to complete. Please forward to anyone you think will try it. Let your kids try it too, mine thought it was fun.

wishtobflying
13th Feb 2006, 05:55
practise helps ... 0.206 second time around

Jo Cover
13th Feb 2006, 19:36
.116!!!

And they are going to send me an email to confirm it!! OK there was some 'technique' involved!

wishtobflying
13th Feb 2006, 20:40
Ah yes, "technique" - I just realised there is a way to skew the results, I just got an average of 0.0782!!!

I was nice and didn't press Done to submit the results.

FCWhippingBoy
13th Feb 2006, 20:46
Errm .... so I guess at 0.0156 I perfected the technique then :hmm:

Op Tastic
13th Feb 2006, 21:18
No. -0.0013 is perfecting it!

Gingerbread Man
14th Feb 2006, 12:02
What are we doing guys, measuring up? Inches or cm (not that it makes that much difference when you're at that end of the scale ;) )?.

GBM :hmm:

G-CPTN
14th Feb 2006, 12:30
There's a simple (non-electronic) test involving a ruler, where the 'tester' holds the ruler between finger and thumb at the top (pointing down) whilst the 'patient' poses with finger and thumb akimbo in-line with the bottom of the ruler. When the ruler is released, the 'patient' grasps the ruler between finger and thumb, and the linear measurement is an indication of reaction time. You COULD equate it to time if you could be bothered, but does time mean more to you than LENGTH?

N380UA
14th Feb 2006, 13:00
0.204 and no techniques applied!

Onan the Clumsy
14th Feb 2006, 13:45
1.487E-5

I win :E

...well it IS a scientific test

acbus1
14th Feb 2006, 14:11
To help maintain the integrity of the data to be collected, my Dad has captured the address of the computer which you are viewing the site.
I suspect that my reaction to that betrays my age more than anything. :uhoh:

Loose rivets
15th Feb 2006, 03:48
When I used my hole finger, the timing was wicked:E

Edit: Mmmmm...that doen't really traslate to a written joke does it?