PDA

View Full Version : CPL Instructor Required

PENNINE BOY
12th Feb 2006, 23:24
CPL Instructor required in the North West (UK)
Required for R22 training on private machine.

Crieff-ite
13th Feb 2006, 08:37
Sorry for jumping in here PB.

I'm also looking for a cpl instructor.
Again, it's here in the North West with a private R22.

helicopter-redeye
13th Feb 2006, 18:58
.... and therein lies the bigger problem for there are few places that can actually deliver the course (on those terms).

h-r:hmm:

Crieff-ite
14th Feb 2006, 07:31
and that's exactly the problem that I've encountered, hence the "cry for help" here....:o)

Head Bolt
14th Feb 2006, 10:05
The reply from KMS is only partially correct.
The FI must also have completed a CPL standardisation training course followed by a flight test with the CAA, after which he is an approved CPL instructor as far as the CAA are concerned.
He must then be approved by the Head of Training of any FTO for whom he wishes to fly, the FTO course itself must be approved and machines must also be approved on a specific basis.
The training must also be carried out at the nominated base of the FTO.

Bet they could think of something else to approve if they really tried........

Crieff-ite
16th Feb 2006, 07:18
Thanks for the info HB.

I've now got some possibilities in the pipeline but I'd be extremely grateful if anyone else has some more contacts/information on instructors for the cpl course.
Mainly looking in the North of England area or the Perthshire area of Scotland.

Many Thanks C.

TiPwEiGhT
16th Feb 2006, 11:32
HJS Helicopters in Aberdeen are the only FTO in Scotland. They are a great bunch of guys up there, quick refuels and good coffee! They run CPL(H) and FI(H) courses throughout the year. If you give them a call they will no doubt help you out. 01224 739111

TiP:ok:

Crieff-ite
16th Feb 2006, 13:38
Thanks, I'm up that way next week, so I'll pop in for a chat

Best wishes C.

Anneother One
16th Feb 2006, 19:12
You could also try a guy called Geoff Day who runs CPL(H) and FI(H) courses from several schools....you may find that he is available at a school near you.

If nothing else he can point you in the right direction and give you all the info you need. The last contact number I had for him was 07703 284 144

sloanejoe
16th Feb 2006, 19:48
I can help through Sloane's if you can't find anyone closer....

SEL
16th Feb 2006, 20:07
There are two schools in the North West that I personally know of that teach the CPL course and they usually use Mike Green.

Check out the CAA website for approved schools.

PM me if I can help

Crieff-ite
19th Feb 2006, 06:38
Thanks for all the replies gents :ok:

All numbers and locations noted, I'll let you know how I get on.

Many thanks

Crieff-ite