PDA

View Full Version : GAMA Gulfstream/Challenger jobs ....

PPPmember
12th Feb 2006, 20:29
Anybody know the requirements and benefits GAMA has for these positions they have adverticed ....
Thanks ....

727Man
13th Feb 2006, 16:01
all posted on flight International web site!

tempilot
14th Feb 2006, 09:58
Any applicants received an acknowledgement from them?

papazulu
14th Feb 2006, 12:56
Hello there.
Sorry to join the thread a bit off topic but since we are talking about GAMA...Any news about Be200 FOs?
The usual well informed said they where about to take on something like 12 people and, as their webpage says, it was planned by the end of 2005 and jobs assigned by April? did anybody get a phonecall or mail?

Wish you all the best.

PZ:ok:

Thunor
14th Feb 2006, 14:55
I got a phone-call just before Christmas promising me an interview (for a Captain's position) and that they would contact me early January. Still waiting....
A friend "in the know" informs me all vacancies have been filled (although that refers to Capt. positions - it might be different for FOs?).

p.s.Edited to say I am referring to the Be200 and just replying to papazulu!

PPPmember
14th Feb 2006, 16:39
I am interested in the captains positions on either the Challenger or the Gulfstream ... would actually prefer the 604 ... I just got an automated confirmation from the web-master (I guess ..) thanking me for the interest ... and 727man ... cannot see from the advedrticement in F.I. anything about conditions ...
Anybody knows ? Salary, roster (rumors have it 14/14 ...), benefits (Loss of license, perdiems, company car ...) ....

potatowings
27th Feb 2006, 13:33
Even when GAMA advertises. It is almost always impossible to get a job with them unless you are on first name terms with the big head honcho.

THe best way to get your foot in the door is to have a buddy there, get into the office and talk to everyone and get your name banded about. Even then it's typically 6 to 8 months before you will get known within the organisation to a point where you will get a shot at their hardware.

BitterFlex
2nd Mar 2006, 04:46
Its acctually not as hard as you expect, you just have to have the right type rating and then send me a box of wine, maybe some cheese and it'll be sorted :E

Not Bitter any more

Super Ted
2nd Mar 2006, 09:00
Just let me know where to send the wine and you have yourself a deal!:ok:

PPPmember
2nd Mar 2006, 13:48
Good you are not bitter anymore ...

Have registered/applied on the web-site, have mailed the directors directly, have called ...

Well - I am still on the outside ...

BitterFlex ... hope the pool is cool enough ...

BitterFlex
4th Mar 2006, 06:36
Yes thanks PP....
Just passed my written test today at top of my class, or bottom of the class if your negative. Sim starts tommorow. Pool is nice, heading there now.:)
See yaa
BF

lobanski
14th Mar 2006, 17:16
I am interested in the captains positions on either the Challenger or the Gulfstream ... would actually prefer the 604 ... I just got an automated confirmation from the web-master (I guess ..) thanking me for the interest ... and 727man ... cannot see from the advedrticement in F.I. anything about conditions ...
Anybody knows ? Salary, roster (rumors have it 14/14 ...), benefits (Loss of license, perdiems, company car ...) ....

With ref: Gama, Good company to work for.i like the No B/S policy. Well maintained A/C. Packages are different for everybody.Stay with it.....

PPPmember
14th Mar 2006, 18:19
:ok: ... thanxx .. still haven't heard from them though ... :hmm: ....

tempilot
15th Mar 2006, 09:57
Nor me!! They seem to have a culture of not replying.

Thunor
15th Mar 2006, 14:08
You can say that again!:*

lobanski
15th Mar 2006, 17:19
You can say that again!:*

Hey guys, with regards follow ups, I'd suggest being a little pro-active.
If you've done your homework you already know Gama is a good company but they're not akin to taking anyone. I'd suggest following up on a regular basis until you hear back.
Good luck....

ROLLER STAMP
15th Mar 2006, 21:39
Regarding working for gama I freelanced for them for about 6 months,were great to work for, nice people, great engineering support & op,s department.
Yes they don,t put up with any bull...t & why should they.
If you want to fly their challengers, then go get a type rating,you will stand a better chance that way.:ok:

Thunor
15th Mar 2006, 22:32
lobanski I would refer you to my [I]earlier[I]post!
Gama contacted me in response to a c.v. I had submitted to them after I had been personally recommended to them.
They telephoned me (before Christmas 2005) promising me an interview in early January and that they would contact me in the first week of January 2006 to arrange/confirm. (Please note I am referring to a King Air Captain's position and nothing else!)
To date I have heard nothing further from them!
In the meantime I heard "on the grapevine" that all such vacancies had been filled!?
I have repeatedly tried to contact Gama - and written to them - asking them to (at least have the courtesy) to confirm or deny what after all is only a "rumour" to me since they had previously promised me an interview!
Their failure to respond in my humble opinion makes them not only highly unprofessional but also extremely ignorant and downright rude! Rant over! If you are now working for them then the very best of luck to you!
Regards,
Thunor

lobanski
16th Mar 2006, 07:51
lobanski I would refer you to my [I]earlier[I]post!
Gama contacted me in response to a c.v. I had submitted to them after I had been personally recommended to them.
They telephoned me (before Christmas 2005) promising me an interview in early January and that they would contact me in the first week of January 2006 to arrange/confirm. (Please note I am referring to a King Air Captain's position and nothing else!)
To date I have heard nothing further from them!
In the meantime I heard "on the grapevine" that all such vacancies had been filled!?
I have repeatedly tried to contact Gama - and written to them - asking them to (at least have the courtesy) to confirm or deny what after all is only a "rumour" to me since they had previously promised me an interview!
Their failure to respond in my humble opinion makes them not only highly unprofessional but also extremely ignorant and downright rude! Rant over! If you are now working for them then the very best of luck to you!
Regards,
Thunor

Thunor, i understand what you're saying. Unfortunately, it would appear you've slipped through a gap. I'd suggest hanging in there.
Unfortunately grapevines can have a tendency to be over loaded with b/s at times. The only way to know for sure is to keep knocking on the door.
As im sure you fullly appreciate, Gama is a dynamic company that has built a good reputation. My point being, make it over the threshold and you'll be glad you did....
Good luck

Thunor
16th Mar 2006, 08:02
Many thanks for the positive encouragement. As I am presently unemployed and available for an immediate start with anyone you will no doubt sense - and perhaps appreciate - my obvious frustration!
If indeed I do make it over the threshold I certainly will be very glad:D
Thanks again,

BitterFlex
16th Mar 2006, 15:17
I can only agree with Lobanski when it comes to Gama. It took me a while to get a interview and to get offered a job. But I did not give up and finally landed a job there on the Lear 45 fleet, and yesterday I got back from a Gulfstream-V rating in Dubai. So if you do a good job, and of course are a little lucky, you to might be sitting pretty in a nice new Gulfstream. I have now been with Gama for a year and I have only good things to say...

BF

FLEXJET
16th Mar 2006, 15:29
Congrats BF for the G-V !
By the way, do you know when G550 training will be available in Dubai ?

lobanski
16th Mar 2006, 17:11
I can only agree with Lobanski when it comes to Gama. It took me a while to get a interview and to get offered a job. But I did not give up and finally landed a job there on the Lear 45 fleet, and yesterday I got back from a Gulfstream-V rating in Dubai. So if you do a good job, and of course are a little lucky, you to might be sitting pretty in a nice new Gulfstream. I have now been with Gama for a year and I have only good things to say...
BF

Congrats BF, knew you'd do a great job. :ok:

Daifly
16th Mar 2006, 20:51
Thunor - When you say that "If indeed I do make it over the threshold I certainly will be very glad" is that because you've got a job or because it's a job with a company that's "highly unprofessional but also extremely ignorant and downright rude!"?

There are only a couple of us dealing with recruitment and as far as we're concerned we've interviewed everyone we've promised interviews to. PM me and tell me who you are and I'll look through the files as you've obviously been overlooked.

I'm obviously sorry that you think we're unprofessional but we're an aviation company not a recruitment consultancy and we try our very best to get it right. If you're not getting a response it's probably because either a) the message isn't getting through Operations (who get about 20 phone calls a day asking to speak to us and claiming to be related/friends/old colleagues etc etc) or b) we're ignoring you. Personally, I'd opt for a).

As I say, PM me and hopefully I can let you know where the problem is.

BitterFlex
17th Mar 2006, 13:54
The 550 is available for the Swiss, I know. But for the rest of the JAA states, soon I think. I belive if you show the syllabus for the diffrence training to your local CAA, they might approve it. They allready have a very nice setup with IPT's (Instrument procedure trainers) for both the V and 550. Its 6 very big touchscreens set up to simulate the cockpit. So if you tuch the gear lever on the screen it moves, the FMS you can program it, Radios you set the freq's, and so forth. Very helpful to get a handel on the flows, and an understanding of how things work. Next to the screens you have an other computer wich will show you how the systems work in your current IPT status. Very nice, and my god what a nice aircraft it is.
I know they are working on a modification of the simulater as well so that the tec guys can just change the cockpit layout in a couple of hours from the V to the 550.

BF

AA717driver
17th Mar 2006, 20:25
Bitter Flex--How long have you been flying the 550? I'm coming up on two years now and love it. Honeywell has to work out the bugs (hopefully before I retire in 15 years!) but when it works, it works well.TC

FLEXJET
17th Mar 2006, 20:59
AA717: I'm afraid BitterFlex is back from a G-V rating, not a 550, although I believe his company operates one...

SnowPilot
18th Mar 2006, 22:40
Do you guys operate any N numbered planes?

I know it's a long shot. Thks.

SP

AA717driver
19th Mar 2006, 03:13
AA717: I'm afraid BitterFlex is back from a G-V rating, not a 550, although I believe his company operates one...

I'm sorry, I read that. Either too much sleep and not enough alcohol or vice versa... :p TC

P.S.--BitterFlex, congrats on the rating! You'll have a blast.

BitterFlex
19th Mar 2006, 10:51
Thanks, yes I'm sure I'll have a blast on it. Have not had the chance to fly it yet, since ours will come in the middle of next month. After a new interior and a spray. So saddly I have to go back working on the 45 till it arrives (I was hoping for a months paid vacation). :{ Well I guess its not that bad.
Regarding our airplanes, they are VP registered.

BF

SnowPilot
19th Mar 2006, 14:55
can a FAA ATP pilot fly a VP registered aircraft? I see Trumps guys flying them but don't know if they had to do anything to their liscences.

Also what is the benefit of VP (islands?) registration?

I've got the right to work and live in the EU and might be heading over because the wife is going to be based there.

Appreciate the help.

SP

FLEXJET
19th Mar 2006, 16:41
can a FAA ATP pilot fly a VP registered aircraft? I see Trumps guys flying them but don't know if they had to do anything to their liscences.
Also what is the benefit of VP (islands?) registration?

You have to ask for a validation to the Cayman CAA in order to fly a VP-C aircraft.
Here is the form :
http://www.caacayman.com/2005/media/pdf/AS%20%20I.%20License%20Validation%20Application.pdf

Benefits are, among others : low registration fees (like for the shipping registry), aircraft registered in the Cayman Islands are classified as British, registering an aircraft in Cayman can provide tax savings (income corporate or capital gains) as well as anonymity of ownership.
Also there is no requirement for a VP-C registered plane to be physically located in the Cayman Islands.

SnowPilot
19th Mar 2006, 17:09
Thanks Flex I appreciate it.

Looks like you have to have the owner or the operator of the aircraft have a written request.

(D) Written Request from Owner/Operator for License Validation Certificate (Initial application & or renewal; notarization not required).

PPPmember
20th Mar 2006, 15:59
;) ..... could you PM me or use my normal email .... thanks ....

Daifly
20th Mar 2006, 19:01
Snowpilot - yep, your application for a Bermudan validation has to be sponsored by an operator of VP-B aircraft.

FLEXJET
21st Mar 2006, 11:59
Have not had the chance to fly it yet, since ours will come in the middle of next month. After a new interior and a spray.

I guess it is VP-BBX ?

BitterFlex
21st Mar 2006, 19:30
Thats the one...

Kaptin M
21st Mar 2006, 22:02
THUNOR your mail box is full (delete some of the INBOX and also the SENT messages)