PDA

View Full Version : London Executive Aviation - Hiring & QOL?

Riker
12th Feb 2006, 19:24
I have conducted a search and oddly I haven't found a lot of information about LEA. I have read that they operate a number of Excels, Citation IIs, King Airs as well as Embraer Legacies out many of the London-area airports including LCY. I also read that LEA has 7 Citation Mustangs on order. A couple of questions for those in the know:

1. Is LEA hiring and if so, what are the minimums (I have seen the website but no specific figures)?

2. Any information related to terms/starting FO salaries and QOL? What are typical schedules? How many likely sectors per day on average? How far afield do the Legacies fly?

3. Do you need experience in a particular aircraft (type) in order to be hired into that aircraft (e.g., EMB145 experience for Legacy or previous Excel experience for Excel)?

4. As for basing, I understand that aircraft are based at various airports in the area. How is your particular pilot base determined - by aircraft type located at that airport? Are certain bases less senior or less desirable (e.g., LCY)?

5. Are newhires assigned to aircraft based on need? So, if an FO slot opens on the Legacy, would an internal candidate fill that slot first before seeking a pilot externally for that position?

I appreciate any insight on LEA. The order for Mustangs is pretty exciting - I think that aircraft will do reasonably well given its operating economics and ergonomics. You can always PM me if you like with any pertinent information. As for me, I have experience flying Learjets and Citations for a charter operator but I have not had much contact with LEA or its employees on the road...

Cheers