PDA

View Full Version : Scanning into PDF format.

doubleu-anker
12th Feb 2006, 12:04
Can anyone assist.

I have a PB scanner and want to scan into PDF format. I have installed Adobe Reader 7.0. When I go to save scanned object, the "scanner menu" does not offer me to save into PDF. There are numuous other choices open to me, eg. JPG etc.

Yes, have tried to to convert to PDF, after saving in other formates without success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Techman
12th Feb 2006, 12:13
Perhaps the answer is in Adobe Reader 7.0.

TheOddOne
12th Feb 2006, 12:40
You need software that will CREATE a .pdf

The Adobe Professional software is quite pricy but will do all the 'whistles & bells' chapter creation etc etc. If all you want to do is create the odd .pdf, there are quite a few very inexpensive and maybe even free applications to be had. I donwloaded Fineprint (just Google to find them) and then paid for the key to remove their logo from the bottom of each page, once I'd tried it out.

Essentially, it works by giving you another 'printer' in your list, then it invites you to save the file it creates. Very simple to use.

Cheers,

TheOddOne

allthatglitters
12th Feb 2006, 13:55
Many recent scanners come with a pdf scanning software installed, even the very reasonaby priced Cannon scaner I recently brought, to replace my dieing old one. One thing to note is not to scan in to too smaller size files as it may look good on screen, but in print, unreadale.
Another economical way to a pdf scan on the cheap, is many newish office copiers come with a scannig to e-mail function, and as a bonus most come with an automatic feed system and double side scanning.

tired-flyboy
12th Feb 2006, 17:12
Try here, cutepdf (http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp) its free and seems to work OK. I saved my dissertation as a PDF file using this.
It works by creating a PDF printer on your comp and when you select print, choose the PDF printer, it will then save as a PDF to your desktop (or wherever you select)
Just as theOddone suggests....

BEagle
12th Feb 2006, 17:50
I use cutepdf and it is brilliant! When it's installed, just click on 'print', choose 'CutePDF writer' from your list of printers and shortly afterwards the document is created. Never had a single problem with it.

doubleu-anker
12th Feb 2006, 22:13
tired-flyboy

Many thanks for that. It exellent. Thanks also for all the other inputs.

Safe flying to you all.

Avius
16th Feb 2006, 02:54
Hi,

You might want to consider PaperPort Pro. The current version is 10. I've used it for over 10 years now (since version 3, etc.) I allows you not only to scan into PDF, but helps you to organize your documents...Think paperless.

Avius

The Link:
http://www.nuance.com/paperport/