PDA

View Full Version : Can you help a lowly student??

Pilot RatBoy
12th Feb 2006, 11:45
I am currently a second year student at Salford University studying Aircraft Engineering with Pilot Studies, and am looking for a year long industrial placement year within an airline. The area in which i am looking is within flight operations, as this is the area most relevant to my degree course that i am more interested in. Just wondering if any of you guys have got an suggestions how i could boot lick ;) my way into a job, or atleast any ideas of airlines that might be interested in me??

Thanks for reading the post, even if you dont reply :uhoh:.

Leezyjet
12th Feb 2006, 23:42
Just write to the airlines and explain your situation. Worst they can say is no.

Address it to the Operations Manager of said airline to ensure it at least goes in the right direction.

:ok:

BlueCrystal
28th Feb 2006, 13:37
I am currently a second year student at Salford University studying Aircraft Engineering with Pilot Studies, and am looking for a year long industrial placement year within an airline. The area in which i am looking is within flight operations, as this is the area most relevant to my degree course that i am more interested in. Just wondering if any of you guys have got an suggestions how i could boot lick ;) my way into a job, or atleast any ideas of airlines that might be interested in me??

Thanks for reading the post, even if you dont reply :uhoh:.

..Boy am in the same Uni. doing a similar course maybe you can draw me some lines & we can hook up....a good suggestion could be to write to Airlines or other entities dealing with Flight Operations. Experience is extremely vital in these areas and you might think of using the Univeristies provisions on Industrial placements.

Cheers;)

Pilot RatBoy
2nd Mar 2006, 15:12
I have sent many letters to various companies such as servisair, wissport etc and am awaiting replies. Most of the university's contacts are engineering placements, as this is the first year that the pilot studies course has looked at placements

bacardi walla
2nd Mar 2006, 15:40
Pilot RatBoy check your PM's