PDA

View Full Version : YYZ base

KingAir
11th Feb 2006, 23:56
I hear rumours about CX opening a full YYZ base in the very near future. Any truth to this?

Thanks.

404 Titan
12th Feb 2006, 10:10
KingAir

I don’t believe the base is full but the company has frozen the YYZ base because once the new B777-300ER’s start arriving this is one of the ports it will be flying to. All currently on the YYZ base will be offered a conversion onto the B777 from the Airbus or they may transfer base or come back to Hong Kong to stay on the Bus. So all the company is doing is trying to minimise conversion costs by temporarily freezing the base until the new aircraft is operating the route.

KingAir
12th Feb 2006, 14:57
404 Titan,
Thanks for the info. Good to hear that CX is planning on flying the 777 to YYZ. That would be nice to see on the ramp. The rumour I heard was that CX is planning on hiring YYZ based F/As in addition to the YYZ based pilots and that would make it a "full" crew base. Something was also said that YYZ is the 3rd CX base of this kind after YVR and another city which I can't remember for sure at the moment but I think it was London.

404 Titan
12th Feb 2006, 22:09
KingAir

Regarding the flight attendants. It’s not rumor anymore but fact. A number of existing Hong Kong cabin crew as well as some Canadians have applies for these positions. Currently CX has cabin crew based in London, Vancouver and soon Toronto.