PDA

View Full Version : SIA Mainline Hour Requirements

2XL
11th Feb 2006, 20:43
I refer to the current batch of ads for B777/A340 Captains as advertised.

Can anyone in the know confirm that you do require 3000 hrs PIC on commercial jets in international operations. Are there occassions where they will consider domestic jet operations in the 3000 hr requirement ?

I undersatnd there are many jets on order and they are looking for many crews ?

Anyone prepared to comment on the financial package and what quality of life it brings in Singapore for a standard family of say four (2 school kids).

Regards

filejw
11th Feb 2006, 22:13
2XL,
All of what you ask for is here some place.The search engine is not the best but try asking a few different ways and it all will come up.Be prepared to read thru some B.S. to get what you need.:ok:

2XL
11th Feb 2006, 22:31
Thanks for the reply. I did use the search function and was surprised how little it uncovered. What the search does not do is give answers to questions today. Things change so I was looking for current updates and comments.

Phil Squares
12th Feb 2006, 02:42
The requirements for SIA and SIA Cargo are exactly the same. The change in requirements from 3000 widebody PIC to narrowbody was a large change. I don't see the requirement for international being dropped at all.

Right now, the requirement for the 777/345 isn't as great as it is on the 744F. There are tons of DL guys applying who are already typed on the 777. From what I've heard, it's taking almost a year for the process on the 777/345.

2XL
12th Feb 2006, 05:08
My question with the hours presumes that you satisfy all other requirements.

Let's say you had 8000hrs total, 2000 hrs FO on Boeing widebody on international ops and 3000 hrs command on B737.

Would this combination be likely to get you a Direct Command on the B777

Phil Squares
12th Feb 2006, 07:27
My question with the hours presumes that you satisfy all other requirements.
Let's say you had 8000hrs total, 2000 hrs FO on Boeing widebody on international ops and 3000 hrs command on B737.
Would this combination be likely to get you a Direct Command on the B777

Right now, No... You need 3000 PIC international ops. That requirement, as I stated before has been lowered from 3000 Hours PIC in widebody international ops. SQ is very picky when it comes to hours and the requirement.

However, see http://www.siacargo.com/First%20Officer%20and%20Captain%20positions.pdf and you will see the note there about Captains with similar flying experience. So, they're not very keen on lowering the requirements any further at this time.

Dani
12th Feb 2006, 07:30
What I heard is that most candidates are put on hold because A380 delay. Total delay for recruiting process 6 months to one year. Cargo fleet excluded.
Your hours might qualify you if they need you. Just apply and see what happens.

Dani

2XL
12th Feb 2006, 08:20
Good comments.

I agree with the idea of submitting an application and seeing what happens, except first impressions count and you would want to be fairly certain that the current "ideal" criteria had been met.

The problem with the Cargo jobs is in the "may be offered" phrase. I would rather that it was somewhat more concrete.

Phil Squares
12th Feb 2006, 10:58
Good comments.
I agree with the idea of submitting an application and seeing what happens, except first impressions count and you would want to be fairly certain that the current "ideal" criteria had been met.
The problem with the Cargo jobs is in the "may be offered" phrase. I would rather that it was somewhat more concrete.

I agree with submitting an application. However, the cargo side is the only area that even has that out about "may be offered". Again, the requirements for DEC are pretty specific and that's 3000 PIC international ops. Which is a MAJOR change from the previous 3000 PIC widebody international ops.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the 345/777 pipleline is full right now because of the 380 delay and the subsequent slipping of the 773ER. However, I expect that to change towards the end of the year. Problem being is they have interviewed lots of DECs for those positions too. :ok:

2XL
12th Feb 2006, 20:23
Appreciate your replies. I shall stay tuned as the year progresses and the new aircraft arrive.

Round D. Globe
12th Feb 2006, 23:02
PhilSquares

Check your PM's please

2XL
13th Feb 2006, 10:33
I read with interest in another post that the Tiger guys may be entitled to a shot at mainline after 5 yrs.

Interesting times ahead.

2XL
19th Apr 2006, 01:07
Bringing this one back to life and looking for further comments on hours, recruitment for the B777 with mainline.

Thanks

Round D. Globe
19th Apr 2006, 02:12
2XL

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Also if anyone could post how long between applying for a DEC position (either cargo or pax) and receiving any word from SIA, only "your app is receiving attention" I meet the posted requirements and applied in early Feb. and waiting for any word. Still waiting.......

RDG

Left Coaster
19th Apr 2006, 06:02
What about currency i.e. If a guy applies for a DEC position and matches the time criteria but hasn't been in command for six months (or more) will SQ or SQC look at the application for DEC? Or is it current Command time only? :confused: