PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who knows Briggs Consultant Ltd.

spencer17
11th Feb 2006, 18:59
Hi All,
I just got a mail from Briggs Cosultant Ltd. that they are a hiring agent for EXXON/MOBIL.
They wrote that my qualifications are OK for the job and they need my current papers.
Did someone of you also got this mail ?
Are these guys scammers or serious ?

Thanks for your answers.

Happy Landings
Spencer17

B Sousa
12th Feb 2006, 13:30
Is this the same company??

ASHLEY BRIGGS CONSULTANTS LIMITED
44 ROWES MEWS
ST PETER'S MARINA
NEWCASTLE
TYNE & WEAR
NE6 1TX

spencer17
12th Feb 2006, 16:45
@ B Sousa No, it's a London UK based company.
I already had a look at "Companies House" where all Ltd are registered but could not find them.

Happy Landings
Spencer17

Whirlygig
12th Feb 2006, 17:33
If they are a UK company, then they will be registered at Companies House. However, bear in mind that Companies House will only have the Registered Office which is not necessarily the main trading office so the one B Sousa found could be the same bunch. In addition, they may have a trading name but, if the company name you have has "ltd" after it, then that MUST be their full company name.

Site is currently closed but if you use the webcheck facility, this will list all companies with that or a similar name and it will say in which business sector they operate. You have to pay for any further information.

Cheers

Whirls

finalchecksplease
12th Feb 2006, 19:01
Spencer17,

One dead give away I have noticed with those 419 emails is their reply email address (a yahoo or even hotmail address and I don't know many legit companies using those) and also sometimes their bad grammar.
If they gave you a telephone number you could always give them a call and you should be quickly able to figure if they are legit.
In my previous dealings with Exxon-Mobile it was with their aviation department and not some consultants but not sure they have changed their way of operating.
Hope this helps and my grammar checks out ok. ;)

Finalchecksplease

B Sousa
12th Feb 2006, 21:28
I think finalcheckplease, just answered your question...........If they use Yahoo or Hotmail they may be no better than any Nigerian 419 company.

BAP
16th Feb 2006, 23:50
Spencer17.

Check your PM.

ayaarr
17th Feb 2006, 00:14
I received an email from them a few weeks ago and played along for a while. I ended it before any request for money was made.
Their emails weren't very convincing
This is a txt copy of the contract that I received in PDF format

MOBIL PRODUCING NIGERIA UNLIMITED
56 Rumuchukwu Rd
Port Harcourt, P.O.Box 451
River state of Nigeria
CONTRACT TERMS
TO ENHANCE OUR STRATEGIC POSITION IN THE OIL & GAS INDUSTRY, WE
ARE RECRUITING HIGH ENERGY, INNOVATIVE AND CAPABLE EXPATREIATES WHO
ARE SEEKING A CHALLENGE AND PROFESSIONALLY REWARDING WORK EXPERINCE
IN OUR RECENT PROJECT YOHO PROJECT OFFSHORE NIGERIA.
DUE TO THE PRESENT PROJECT OF YOHO PROJECT OFFSHORE NIGERIA, WE HAVE
CONTRACTED THE BRIGGS CONSULTANT LIMITED (A RECRUITING FIRM) TO HANDLE
OUR EXPATRIATE RECRUITMENT. THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT IS MADE ON 28TH
DECEMBER 2005, MOBIL PRODUCING UNDER THE LAWS OF NIGERIA (HEREINAFTER
REFERRED TO AS ‘PARTY A’ AND BRIGGS CONSULTANT LIMITED WHOSE
REGISTERED OFFICE NO 24 LINCOLN’S INN FIELDS LONDON WC2A 3EG AND WEST
AFRICA HEADQUARTER ADDRESS: 105 ABACHA ROAD STREET PORT HARCOURT,
RIVERS STATE OF NIGERIA (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO “PARTY B” WHILE THE
EMPLOYEE HEREBY REFERRED AS “PARTY C
CLIENT NAME/COUNTRY:
_________________________________Of_________________________ ___________
(Hereinafter referred to as the “EMPLOYEE” party C) jointly of the other part.
GRADUATE HELICOPTERS ENG REF: PE/002/7
General Requirements:
All Expatriates MUST have one among the following specifications:
Educational Qualification: First Degree, Masters (M.Sc) Degree or PhD in engineering.
(i) Workstation experience will be an advantage
(ii) Readiness to work in various work Location
(iii) No prior experience is required but relevant industry could be an advantage.
AGE RANGE: 22 -65 Years old
Job Description: Helicopters Pilot
Scope of work as stated in your resume, you shall also be expected to plan, co-ordinate,
facilities helicopter Piloting and Inspection of helicopter to ensure that production is
maximized and costs are minimized. Your job responsibilities shall include co-
coordinating to and fro flight of expatriates from the air force terminal based to Yoho
project offshore platform. You are to supervise the maintenance of helicopters been used
for the project
WHEREAS:
1.1 PARTY A seeks to secure a competent employee to provide EXPATRIATE HELICOPTERS
PILOT services and other services as may be specified to the contractor.
Text Box: An Exxon Mobil Subsidiary Operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture
1.2 PARTY C / EMPLOYEE represents and holds out to PARTY A that it has the technical
competence for carrying out all the services and obligations specified in this contract to recruiting
employees and have agreed to carry out same in accordance with the terms and conditions
hereinafter set forth
1.3 EMPLOYEE has agreed to provide his expatriate services to PARTY A.
ASSUMPTION DATE:
1.4 This contract shall be for a period of 36 months beginning from 25TH, March 2006 and shall
continue from that date until terminated under this agreement. However, Party C (employer) deserves
the right to resign at any given time as far as He gives a month notice to party A.
BENEFITS:
1.5 PARTY A shall pay to EMPLOYEE on satisfactory performance of the services stated in 1.1, the
sum of $18,000.00 USD (Eighteen Thousand Hundred Dollars) monthly basic salary, or
equivalent depending on EMPLOYEE’S home country and currency preference.
i. PARTY A shall pay EMPLOYEE for the services rendered under this agreement by cheque presented
on a monthly basis upon due presentation and receipt of undisputed Quality single or family housing
shall be provided by EXXON MOBIL or in the alternative the sum of $4,500.00 US dollars per month
shall be paid to you as Housing Allowance.
ii. The sum of $5,000 shall be paid to you for personal effects shipment and excess baggage allowance.
iii. EXXON MOBIL shall provide you access to some of the finest social and recreational facilities in
Nigeria.
iv. EXXON MOBIL will provide the employee with comprehensive health care for the terms of contract
and follow-on care for injuries suffered during the term of contract for employer and family.
v. The sum of $4500.00 US dollars per month shall be paid to you as Educational Assistance Benefit with
family status contracts.
vi. Complete meals for you as deemed appropriate.
vii. A $4.200.00 US dollars flat rate travel / entertainment allowance shall be paid by your employer for
each international trip. Travel shall be by business / first class. However for the purpose of
commencement, the cost of travel ticket shall be paid in addition to travel / entertainment
allowance. Cost shall be substantiated and shall be the rate charged at the period / time of
employees. Travel ticket including that of employees’ family only on employees’ early
notification to employer and as shall be requested by employee. Employee shall also be entitled to
maximum security including members of the state security service in housing community.
RELOCATION EXPANSE:
The employee will release upfront payment of all the benefit entitlement listed in the contract by the
employer for reasonable moving expense to be incurred to enable him take care of his luggage’s only as a
result of relocation or early termination of leases, storage charges: procurement of travel documents,
immunization etc. Reimbursements shall be paid not more than five (5) working days from submission of
report / and receipt as proof of working permit and visa
WORKING HOURS
Your normal working hour per week is as follow:
Monday to Friday: 7am-4: 30pm
Your addition working hour out side your normal working hour will attract extra fee.
LEAVE:
You are entitled to two (2) month holiday in every period of 12 months. You will be paid your usual
remuneration on the usual dates of payment during such period in which any paid holiday is taken and shall
be entitled to a separate payment as holiday pay to a separate payment as holiday pay of the sum of
$12,000.00 US dollars. (Twelve thousand dollars)
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
1.6. Save as other wise specifically stated in a superceding document, the project administrator of
PARTY A, shall maintain general administration and management of this contract on behalf of
PARTY A and all correspondences relating or pertaining with this agreement should be made,
forwarded, addressed to same.
1.7 This agreement shall not be assigned or transferred in part of whole by due to termination of same any
party to this agreement without prior written consent of the other party, which consent shall not
unreasonably be withheld. Notwithstanding any of the aforementioned obligations, terms and
conditions neither party shall be deemed, considered in default of any of its obligations under this
agreement as a result of “Force Majeure”, but if an interruption of performing the obligations
under this agreement as a result of “Force Majeure’ condition for a period more than one month;
PARTY A shall pay EMPLOYEE only 70% of the entitlement and salary listed above of this
agreement as standby or agreement termination fee.
NOTICES
All correspondence, notices, etc required to be given, made, served, under this agreement by one party to
another shall be sufficiently given if sent by post, faxed or delivered by hand to the addresses hereunder.
In case of EXXON MOBIL,
EXXON MOBIL NIGERIA
PROJECT: EAST AREA EPC2 PROJECT
SIGNED AND DELIVERED FOR AND ON BEHALF OF
EXXON MOBIL YOHO PROJECT OFFSHORE
PROJECT DIRECTOR
MR. GEORGE ABEY
MR. ROBERT SEABROOK
AND
EMPLOYEE
NAME: ____________________________________
DATE: ___________________________________________
SIGNATURE: ____________________________________

212man
17th Feb 2006, 01:02
"EXXON MOBIL shall provide you access to some of the finest social and recreational facilities in Nigeria. "

Does that include the canteen at the QIT?:\

George Semel
17th Feb 2006, 01:31
I got one of those too, the other day. Funny to read the "Con Tract". Hey it was a little better than Smith Botha from a few weeks back. The give away was that 4.5K for moving and the social clubs and the 18K a month pay all the while there is a shooting war going on in the Niger Delta. I am going to wait till the next offer for a job I didn't apply for, will provide hookers and all the booze I can drink ( which is not much ) Now to get that Mexican Vigara.

spencer17
17th Feb 2006, 17:34
@ Ayaarr
You should send that "contract":yuk: to EXXON MOBIL. I guess they will highly appreciate this.

Thanks to all you others too for sharing your experiences.:ok:

Happy landings
Spencer17

Quichotte
18th Feb 2006, 09:02
Dear Sir,

Be informed that your qualifications and experiences were found suitable for the requirements of Exxon Mobil Corporation to serve as Helicopter Pilot....

May be i could also join your club guys? See you at the bar... But sorry, i forgot to answer them...

Also Yahoo Mail, but phone numbers in England, including mobile inpost.

May be a big, world wide hiring action? :) :) :)

Colonal Mustard
18th Feb 2006, 09:10
God these type of scammers really P:mad: me off, they cant even put it into proper english

ayaarr
18th Feb 2006, 21:02
One of the emails they sent to me...
http://earlymusichicago.org/images/ThomasWikman.jpg
Mr. Robert Seabrook
Recruit Director of Briggs Consultant Limited
Mobile: +447040116091

Daysleeper
18th Feb 2006, 21:12
Interesting they are using the name Briggs in conjunction with an oil industry "contract."

Briggs Marine webpage (http://www.briggsmarine.com/)

are a large legitimate oil industry services company (actually all sorts of stuff now) I have worked with in the past. I wonder if they know someone is trying to scam relying in part on their name.

BK117
22nd Feb 2006, 18:05
i have received a job-offer (with same contract) for nigeria - i believe thats absolutely ****.

rhei23
24th Feb 2006, 10:39
Hi All,
I just got a mail from Briggs Cosultant Ltd. that they are a hiring agent for EXXON/MOBIL.
They wrote that my qualifications are OK for the job and they need my current papers.
Did someone of you also got this mail ?
Are these guys scammers or serious ?

Thanks for your answers.

Happy Landings
Spencer17

Hello!,

My brother who is currently teaching in an international school here in the Philippines was hired by that same agency mentioned by you Spencer17, Briggs Consultant Limited as ACADEMIC DEAN for Exxon Mobil. I read the entire quotes or comments in this web, as wellas the contracts posted. That was the same contract Briggs sent to my Bro, the same monthly salary and that amount is unbelievable!!!!! Hey guys if you know of somebody contacted by this agency, tell them to post these on the net. If this is true, then fine!, but if not, at least you guys can save prospective innocent web users from illegitimate agencies. Hey! i don't know if EXXON MOBIL knows about this already. Exxon has to do something about this. Careful guys!

rhei23
24th Feb 2006, 10:53
Hi! my bro received the same contract, if you may call it. Sounds good, but do you guys but ths kind of hiring procedures?????!!!! My country has an agency that registers recruitment agency to ensure us that these are legitimate. Can you guys post more information about this agency so that we can properly coordinated with proper authorities informing them about the existence of this Briggs thing? We will do something about before significant others get victimized.... thanks!!!
I received an email from them a few weeks ago and played along for a while. I ended it before any request for money was made.
Their emails weren't very convincing
This is a txt copy of the contract that I received in PDF format

MOBIL PRODUCING NIGERIA UNLIMITED
56 Rumuchukwu Rd
Port Harcourt, P.O.Box 451
River state of Nigeria
CONTRACT TERMS
TO ENHANCE OUR STRATEGIC POSITION IN THE OIL & GAS INDUSTRY, WE
ARE RECRUITING HIGH ENERGY, INNOVATIVE AND CAPABLE EXPATREIATES WHO
ARE SEEKING A CHALLENGE AND PROFESSIONALLY REWARDING WORK EXPERINCE
IN OUR RECENT PROJECT YOHO PROJECT OFFSHORE NIGERIA.
DUE TO THE PRESENT PROJECT OF YOHO PROJECT OFFSHORE NIGERIA, WE HAVE
CONTRACTED THE BRIGGS CONSULTANT LIMITED (A RECRUITING FIRM) TO HANDLE
OUR EXPATRIATE RECRUITMENT. THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT IS MADE ON 28TH
DECEMBER 2005, MOBIL PRODUCING UNDER THE LAWS OF NIGERIA (HEREINAFTER
REFERRED TO AS ‘PARTY A’ AND BRIGGS CONSULTANT LIMITED WHOSE
REGISTERED OFFICE NO 24 LINCOLN’S INN FIELDS LONDON WC2A 3EG AND WEST
AFRICA HEADQUARTER ADDRESS: 105 ABACHA ROAD STREET PORT HARCOURT,
RIVERS STATE OF NIGERIA (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO “PARTY B” WHILE THE
EMPLOYEE HEREBY REFERRED AS “PARTY C
CLIENT NAME/COUNTRY:
_________________________________Of_________________________ ___________
(Hereinafter referred to as the “EMPLOYEE” party C) jointly of the other part.
GRADUATE HELICOPTERS ENG REF: PE/002/7
General Requirements:
All Expatriates MUST have one among the following specifications:
Educational Qualification: First Degree, Masters (M.Sc) Degree or PhD in engineering.
(i) Workstation experience will be an advantage
(ii) Readiness to work in various work Location
(iii) No prior experience is required but relevant industry could be an advantage.
AGE RANGE: 22 -65 Years old
Job Description: Helicopters Pilot
Scope of work as stated in your resume, you shall also be expected to plan, co-ordinate,
facilities helicopter Piloting and Inspection of helicopter to ensure that production is
maximized and costs are minimized. Your job responsibilities shall include co-
coordinating to and fro flight of expatriates from the air force terminal based to Yoho
project offshore platform. You are to supervise the maintenance of helicopters been used
for the project
WHEREAS:
1.1 PARTY A seeks to secure a competent employee to provide EXPATRIATE HELICOPTERS
PILOT services and other services as may be specified to the contractor.
Text Box: An Exxon Mobil Subsidiary Operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture
1.2 PARTY C / EMPLOYEE represents and holds out to PARTY A that it has the technical
competence for carrying out all the services and obligations specified in this contract to recruiting
employees and have agreed to carry out same in accordance with the terms and conditions
hereinafter set forth
1.3 EMPLOYEE has agreed to provide his expatriate services to PARTY A.
ASSUMPTION DATE:
1.4 This contract shall be for a period of 36 months beginning from 25TH, March 2006 and shall
continue from that date until terminated under this agreement. However, Party C (employer) deserves
the right to resign at any given time as far as He gives a month notice to party A.
BENEFITS:
1.5 PARTY A shall pay to EMPLOYEE on satisfactory performance of the services stated in 1.1, the
sum of $18,000.00 USD (Eighteen Thousand Hundred Dollars) monthly basic salary, or
equivalent depending on EMPLOYEE’S home country and currency preference.
i. PARTY A shall pay EMPLOYEE for the services rendered under this agreement by cheque presented
on a monthly basis upon due presentation and receipt of undisputed Quality single or family housing
shall be provided by EXXON MOBIL or in the alternative the sum of $4,500.00 US dollars per month
shall be paid to you as Housing Allowance.
ii. The sum of $5,000 shall be paid to you for personal effects shipment and excess baggage allowance.
iii. EXXON MOBIL shall provide you access to some of the finest social and recreational facilities in
Nigeria.
iv. EXXON MOBIL will provide the employee with comprehensive health care for the terms of contract
and follow-on care for injuries suffered during the term of contract for employer and family.
v. The sum of $4500.00 US dollars per month shall be paid to you as Educational Assistance Benefit with
family status contracts.
vi. Complete meals for you as deemed appropriate.
vii. A $4.200.00 US dollars flat rate travel / entertainment allowance shall be paid by your employer for
each international trip. Travel shall be by business / first class. However for the purpose of
commencement, the cost of travel ticket shall be paid in addition to travel / entertainment
allowance. Cost shall be substantiated and shall be the rate charged at the period / time of
employees. Travel ticket including that of employees’ family only on employees’ early
notification to employer and as shall be requested by employee. Employee shall also be entitled to
maximum security including members of the state security service in housing community.
RELOCATION EXPANSE:
The employee will release upfront payment of all the benefit entitlement listed in the contract by the
employer for reasonable moving expense to be incurred to enable him take care of his luggage’s only as a
result of relocation or early termination of leases, storage charges: procurement of travel documents,
immunization etc. Reimbursements shall be paid not more than five (5) working days from submission of
report / and receipt as proof of working permit and visa
WORKING HOURS
Your normal working hour per week is as follow:
Monday to Friday: 7am-4: 30pm
Your addition working hour out side your normal working hour will attract extra fee.
LEAVE:
You are entitled to two (2) month holiday in every period of 12 months. You will be paid your usual
remuneration on the usual dates of payment during such period in which any paid holiday is taken and shall
be entitled to a separate payment as holiday pay to a separate payment as holiday pay of the sum of
$12,000.00 US dollars. (Twelve thousand dollars)
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
1.6. Save as other wise specifically stated in a superceding document, the project administrator of
PARTY A, shall maintain general administration and management of this contract on behalf of
PARTY A and all correspondences relating or pertaining with this agreement should be made,
forwarded, addressed to same.
1.7 This agreement shall not be assigned or transferred in part of whole by due to termination of same any
party to this agreement without prior written consent of the other party, which consent shall not
unreasonably be withheld. Notwithstanding any of the aforementioned obligations, terms and
conditions neither party shall be deemed, considered in default of any of its obligations under this
agreement as a result of “Force Majeure”, but if an interruption of performing the obligations
under this agreement as a result of “Force Majeure’ condition for a period more than one month;
PARTY A shall pay EMPLOYEE only 70% of the entitlement and salary listed above of this
agreement as standby or agreement termination fee.
NOTICES
All correspondence, notices, etc required to be given, made, served, under this agreement by one party to
another shall be sufficiently given if sent by post, faxed or delivered by hand to the addresses hereunder.
In case of EXXON MOBIL,
EXXON MOBIL NIGERIA
PROJECT: EAST AREA EPC2 PROJECT
SIGNED AND DELIVERED FOR AND ON BEHALF OF
EXXON MOBIL YOHO PROJECT OFFSHORE
PROJECT DIRECTOR
MR. GEORGE ABEY
MR. ROBERT SEABROOK
AND
EMPLOYEE
NAME: ____________________________________
DATE: ___________________________________________
SIGNATURE: ____________________________________

rhei23
24th Feb 2006, 10:59
If you receive a letter from Briggs COnsulatant Limited, would you care positin them????? My bro receive one, but the rates and procedures were unbelievably beyond comment!!!!! Anybody please!!!!???? Hope Exxon Mobil knows about this. I hope they do and do something about it

albatross
25th Feb 2006, 08:38
I have emailed a friend who works for Exxon Mobil with a link to this thread.
He will pass it on to the appropriate person at Exxon Mobil.

spencer17
25th Feb 2006, 10:38
Hi all,
I started this thread after I got the mail from Briggs Consultant on the 11th February.
Same day I sent them a mail with the advice from the EXXON MOBIL site about recruiting agencies. I wrote them, if they are seriouse, to contact me.
Nothing happened yet.
I think that's it. They know they can't fool me and stopped.

Happy Landings
Spencer17

rhei23
26th Feb 2006, 13:37
It's good that somebody is doing something to get the attention of Exxon Mobile regarding this BRIGGS CONSULTANT LIMITED. I think we need to check also if MR. GEORGE ABEY is in any way connected to Exxon. He claimed to be the the Project Head of this company in-charge of job placement. Kindly post it or update what is the response of your e-mail. God bless!:)

I have emailed a friend who works for Exxon Mobil with a link to this thread.
He will pass it on to the appropriate person at Exxon Mobil.

SASless
26th Feb 2006, 13:59
Danger! Will Robinson...Danger!

If it is too good to be true....it is too good to be true. Especially coming from Nigeria.

BK117
19th Apr 2006, 06:13
anyone knows Steve Collins! Have got similar eMail, like the "Briggs - thief" with job offer from TotalFinaElf, looks very unbelievable - please inform me at my eMail: [email protected] thank you.