PDA

View Full Version : BERLIN TEMPELHOF

WorkingHard
11th Feb 2006, 17:30
Can anyone tell me if Tempelhof is still open if so and point me to where I can get the plates for this lovely old airport? many thanks

chasing767
11th Feb 2006, 17:55
why is it supposed to be closed?
any Jepp for this part of EUR region shall provide some usefull info.
ch767

WorkingHard
11th Feb 2006, 18:36
Just something a fellow GA pilot said today prompted the question. I am due in Berlin a few weeks hence so thought I would ask were all questions are answered (i.e. PPRUNE)

zed3
11th Feb 2006, 19:00
It was due to be closed last year but the decision was reversed at the last minute by protests from several airlines . Don't know how the future looks at this moment .

WorkingHard
11th Feb 2006, 19:04
Thank you Zed 3 at least I have some useful info. Do you know the web address of the German AIS?

zed3
12th Feb 2006, 09:07
Working Hard ..... www.dfs-ais.de ..... should solve your problem .

WHBM
12th Feb 2006, 09:18
Plenty of regional operators still go there

http://www.berlin-airport.de/PubEnglish/PubTempelhof/PubFlugplan/PubAbfluegeLive/index.html

I really miss the Conti Flug 146 service from London City to Tempelhof of the 1990s. Always seemed neat to go out of the stunning old terminal, straight into a city street.

Airbus FlightSimmer
13th Feb 2006, 04:53
I live near the Tempelhof Airport.
It is still used not only for many regional flights but also international flights. Also there are many small private airplanes and business jets using it.
WorkingHard, if you still need the charts I can email them to you.

airhumberside
13th Feb 2006, 08:52
Templehof seems to be doing quite well at the moment. Maersk/Sterling have even moved their flights from Tegel

Airbus FlightSimmer
13th Feb 2006, 09:18
I can see their B737 on Final Approach from my office-window.
Latest Information say that Tempelhof will finally be closed after the BBI (Berlin Brandenburg International) Airport will be open. But as there are so many delays every now and then on the planning of that Airport nobody here is sure when it will open. The other two airports in Berlin (Tegel and Schoenefeld [which will be part of the new BBI Airport]) were increasing capacity by building new terminals. Have a look at http://www.berlin-airport.de/PubEnglish/index.php