PDA

View Full Version : Commercial pilot training help

atr72
11th Feb 2006, 16:42
Hello ppl!

I'm 34y/o and living in Athens, Greece (Europe). I'm working as an industrial designer but my heart always belonged to the skies. Why I haven't studied to be a pilot sofar is another story, but now I have the chance to be one.

I've researched a number of schools in Canada and the U.S., weighted the pros and cons and I've decided that I really want to learn to fly and make a career out of it if poss.

But here comes trouble: Most cpl courses cost anything from $26,000 upwards. My main problem is that I don't have that money and I cannot summon anywhere near this amount right now.

I don't have a problem to immigrate and work abroad, if fact I'm used to the idea that my aviation career will be abroad, as Greece has 3 operators: Olympic is the public ruled (which is about to close at any moment), Hellas Jet which has announced bankruptcy and will close in June 2006 and finally Aegean which runs well but as one can imagine, for a newbie to get a position there is out of the question with so many experienced applicants.

I would really appreciate if you can give me some guidelines and advice!

Thanks and blue skies to all! :ok: