PDA

View Full Version : UK Armed Forces Pay Review 2006

Biggus
11th Feb 2006, 10:49
Doesn't anybody have any information regarding the 2006 Pay Review? In recent years details have been released on occasion by mid February - is an announcement due soon?

My understanding is that the nice Mr Brown has briefed the "independent" Pay Review Board that their recommendations are to be in line with the government target, based on inflation, for public sector pay rises. So much for the "independence" of the Board if this is true?

I guess we can expect the figure to be about 2.5% then?

BATS
11th Feb 2006, 13:11
Biggus

The review was published 22 Feb last year, so it may be a couple of weeks before we see it. Not expecting anything over 2% though......

BT

L J R
11th Feb 2006, 20:42
Damm!!! and I thought pilots were going to get £80K per annum as an incentive to stay. Money to come from other (non pilot) aircrew flying pay. Please don't shoot the messenger. (Sorry lads).

LFFC
12th Feb 2006, 09:05
Yeah - rumours are floating around about a large increase to pilots' flying pay but personally I don't think that it will happen.

An increase to the top rate of flying pay would help to bridge the gap between CA aircrew and PAS - but only if the lucky few invested all their extra money in a good pension scheme!

mbga9pgf
12th Feb 2006, 09:28
Biggus
The review was published 22 Feb last year, so it may be a couple of weeks before we see it. Not expecting anything over 2% though......
BT

That would be great if inflation was ACTUALLY 2%.... problem is, the inflation figures have been manipulated so much to massage the RPI/CPI that it actually stands quite higher. Dont believe me? then why are TVs/Videos/DVDs in the CPI/RPI? not as if we can eat them.

If you Look at the M0 quarterly figures, the real level is actually around at 16% at the moment!!! :mad: :mad:

JessTheDog
12th Feb 2006, 11:21
I wonder if CILOT and FQ charges (etc) will be capped at 2%. Fat chance....

southside
12th Feb 2006, 22:01
Damm!!! and I thought pilots were going to get £80K per annum as an incentive to stayThey do mate....and its called an FRI....

peoplespoet
13th Feb 2006, 07:09
Not anymore ,FRI goes from this April.

So now what?

PP

Tracey Island
13th Feb 2006, 07:24
Quote from that nice Mr Brown to the "Independent" Armed Forces Pay Review Body went along the lines of, "I'd be surprised to hear you recommending more than 2%." So with that overarching guidance in place, I don't think I'll be holding out for a surprisingly large increase this year.
Oh yes - forgot to mention, FRIs 1 and 2 will be removed this year - doh!

Roland Pulfrew
13th Feb 2006, 08:55
I wonder if CILOT and FQ charges (etc) will be capped at 2%. Fat chance....

Rumour has it that FQ rent increases will more than wipe out the pay rise, by a significant margin!!

This is the first step in the direction of making FQ rent match "commercial" rent. One wonders though when married quarter will match the standards of a commercially rented property? Yet another nail in the coffin of 'ethos', just when are there airships, seaships etc going to stand up and be counted? Nice parting shot from the outgoing 1st SL but too little, too late AGAIN!

L1A2 discharged
13th Feb 2006, 17:16
We were told, some time ago, that MQ rents will increase by amounts over inflation until they are 'broadly' comparative with the civilian market. DHE or whatever they are called this week, are contracted to pay that much to Annington Homes (Bank of Sapporro?) by around the year 2015 ... :uhoh: glad I will be long gone by then.

L J R
13th Feb 2006, 19:51
But if was paying 'market rates' utilising real estate rental companies & or agents and 'market' homes, I would be kicking the door of said agency when something goes wrong, and shouting very loudly to the real estate institute (or whatever body they subscribe to) when I was not satisfied. Until SFA and the support infrastructure gets to the standard of the so called market, DHE has NO RIGHT to even consider charging 'market rates'.
Market rental required contractors to adhere to a code of conduct. Customers have rights and the 'pleasure' of a 'serviceable' home.
Customers also have a CHOICE in deciding if the house on the market is suitable.
DHE would be out of business in the civilian rental market within 6 months.
Furthermore, subsidised rental is a condition of service - not a privilege or luxury!....Until the public service recognises that, the military family will always suffer from the discriminatory outlook that is thrust upon them by those who purport to support the military family.