PDA

View Full Version : Cathay CPP Time and Date arrangements?

JudeChow
11th Feb 2006, 01:56
I got an email from Cathay asking whether I may attend stage 1 in April...and I have until Feb 15th to reply, that is like in 4 days....
If I ask for a later schedule will it lower my chances of passing?
The reason is I need to speak with my academic advisor at school and everthing before i can decide....and its a weekend...so i can't really do much...Please offer advices and suggestions Thanks!!

BlueEagle
11th Feb 2006, 03:10
From what I have read here from others the time between your first interview and you actually packing your bags and moving out of Vancouver could be in excess of a year.
I would suggest you go for the interview now and you'll have plenty of time to seek advice before you have to make any decisions.
What say others?

JudeChow
11th Feb 2006, 05:12
Well the thing is that inorder for me to attend the interview I have to stop college, and i heard the selection process takes a few months atleast, and I am 5 months until finishing my diploma, so i don't know if i can ask for a later interview date, and if it will affect my chances of getting in?

Banimaru
11th Feb 2006, 13:33
Hi JudeChow,

May I ask when you submitted your application? Just want to get an idea how long it will be... sorry, i can't help with your issue, as I am a newbie too.

Banimaru

energie
11th Feb 2006, 16:14
if you are applying overseas, first to third stage takes less than a month.

JudeChow
11th Feb 2006, 19:17
I submitted my application back in december I believe..

Rubberbiscuit
12th Feb 2006, 01:07
Jude:
A friend of mine turned down an interview after he just accepted a position somewhere else. He did the interview about a year later after calling and declaring himself available. He did not pass but also admitted to having a bad day.
Just curious, are you interviewing for SO or FO position and what is your experience level?

JudeChow
12th Feb 2006, 06:45
Oh, this is for the CPP (cadet pilot program) for HK permanent residents.

K3nnyboy
12th Feb 2006, 12:04
well i dun think so, in fact i was meant to have my stage 1 interview back in Jan, but due to my study and some other personal reason, i push it back and now it is on the 11th April.

Jude Chow:
I got the same email saying that u have to reply b4 15th of Feb. and i reply them ASAP, so i suggest u do it too....no matter wat your decision is.

ken

Minimums!
13th Feb 2006, 15:18
hey guys
ive sent my application too, just curious:
how much flight experience do you cadet pilot guys have and how long since your application got into them did they call you?

Minimums!

ct976
13th Feb 2006, 20:54
i, too received an invitation to the cpp selection process in hong kong via email. i am in toronto. i am in the same situation as you, as i am on the last semester on earning my degree. I have replied to them, but haven't gotten a response back on when to go to hk. When i called them, i was given the choices of March for stage I, and if successful, April for Stage II or, both Stage I and II in april.

Kane Toed
14th Feb 2006, 04:39
Jude,

First may I say that I have not yet in CX, but my personal feeling is that passing your diploma (as you are so close to it) is your first priority. Furthermore, I am sure that the company would be sympathetic - especially if you tell them that you are very keen to attend the interview but you want to give yourself the best chance by preparing well - and you can't do that with your diploma looming.

Just my view of things of course...

Minimums!
14th Feb 2006, 19:10
ct976 check your PM's

Minimums!

Minimums!
15th Feb 2006, 15:04
I read somewhere )i think it was the HKU (hk university) website that said they would let you finish your last semester/year in uni or college.

energie
15th Feb 2006, 15:08
Jude,
First may I say that I have not yet in CX, but my personal feeling is that passing your diploma (as you are so close to it) is your first priority. Furthermore, I am sure that the company would be sympathetic - especially if you tell them that you are very keen to attend the interview but you want to give yourself the best chance by preparing well - and you can't do that with your diploma looming.
Just my view of things of course...

This is defintely true. I don't think it makes any negative impact at all, if you tell them you can't make it this time due to school but would love to attend the next round of interviews, they would just send you an "ok email", and add your email to the next interview stack.

Minimums!
15th Feb 2006, 19:50
hi energie
check ya pm's
Minimums!