PDA

View Full Version : C4 'The IT Crowd'...or Ppruners at work?

Training Risky
10th Feb 2006, 23:22
I watched episode 3 of this fabulous comedy tonight. Then it hit me, a huge proportion of Ppruners MUST have an IT background, with a proportion of those actually working in an IT job.

So come on you speccy gits, put down your copies of 'retro-gamers monthly' and tell us how close to reality the sterotypes shown on the TV show are.

Is one of you Maurice Moss?

Onan the Clumsy
10th Feb 2006, 23:37
I am a speccy git, but without the spectacles, or gittishness.

airship
11th Feb 2006, 00:17
I have an IT background I suppose. After a 3 month residential training course in Maidstone, in the early '80s, I was unleashed on an innocent World selling the very first IBM PCs and clones. The man/machine interface back then was known as DOS by the way. I doubt I've ever managed to earn as much since, in such a short period as I did then: about 5,000 in 3 weeks.

It's been downhill all the way since then though. It was probably staring me in the face all the time, but I didn't even think about buying MS stock. Otherwise, I'd be a multi-millionaire today. :}

I don't wear specs yet, though the annual checkup shows that my eyesight is degrading gradually. But between you and I, the reason for that should be evident...?! But I'm doing my friggin' best.

Back to the thread, I've never even heard of M. Moss unfortunetly. Does he have a company, would you recommend them as a buy?! :O

Marvin the Robot
11th Feb 2006, 08:40
Still to watch episode 3. It's repeated tonight.

Watched episodes 1 and 2 last week. Typical pathetic British sitcom fodder, with the exception of a few gems from the guy with the affro with a parting (for want of a better description).

"I can't go to prison! I can't! I'd get raped to flip!"

:D

That doesn't answer the question you asked, does it.

Jerricho
11th Feb 2006, 12:04
I am a speccy git, but without the spectacles, or gittishness.

Just a cat suit..............