PDA

View Full Version : Is everything ok in SA Aviation?

VS -1500 fpm
10th Feb 2006, 10:59
I just need to know from you guys that everything is going to be OK in SA aviation.(Meaning in the future) How safe is our way of life as profesional pilots? Fast trakking of Black co-pilots as captains in SAA??? How long will it take before your South African Pilots Lic. means less than the paper it's on? Nothing against Blacks, but you guys just dont have the experiance yet!!!!:eek:

Should one try very hard to get into Cathay while they are still interested in a SA pilot? Or should you sit it out and see what this BEE crazy government is going leave us with to bring your kids up in? I dont want leave, you just dont have the quality of life over there!

Will there be a future for my kids(White Kids) here in 20 years time? Will this reverse racism ever end??

Just a question, please put me at ease!! And to all the guys out there that got to where you are out of hard work!! GOOD ON YOU MY FRIEND!:ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
10th Feb 2006, 11:31
At the moment, a job outside SA would probably be a safer bet if you're looking for security. The current climate needs to run it's course before any stability returns to the job market for certain sectors of the population and that could take a few years.:ugh: Farting against populist opinion is counter productive and will only increase your blood pressure, thus the answer to your question is "Go West, young man...!".*

*...Or East, or North...

saywhat
10th Feb 2006, 12:25
The answer you seek, can only be answered by yourself. I am of the opinion that SA has a very bright future. I do, however, have a good job here, and thus am fortunate. Whether things will change, only the future will tell.

The fact that we have many foreigners seeking (and finding) employment here is a sure sign that things might even be rosier in SA than elsewhere.

Optimism breeds good things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VS -1500 fpm
11th Feb 2006, 07:50
Cool, hope you are right! Cheers:cool: