PDA

View Full Version : Mole Hills On the FATO

jemax
10th Feb 2006, 10:11
We have a bit of a problem with mole hills on our FATO

What do you think the chances of Dynamic Moleover are?:)

Thomas coupling
10th Feb 2006, 10:21
Its your molecular drive unit which has failed.

old heliman
10th Feb 2006, 10:59
TC you're making a mountain out of a molehill again:) If you ferrett around on google you'll find that explosives work well in removing moles.....but the FATO might be less comfortable on rejects:) .

Whirlygig
10th Feb 2006, 11:28
Please bear in mind that molestation of black miners (sic!) is an offence.

Cheers

Whirls

SASless
10th Feb 2006, 12:50
Call the CAA in on the issue...the wee craters will soon become mountains...then one could contract with engineering design firms, hold hundreds of committee meetings, perform fifteen years of studies, and finally issue a decision that will protect the mole hills and cost operators a users fee for any use for slope landings. However, by the time one gets the Ops Manual amended for the change, EASA will take over from JARS and the process will begin anew with more valuable and timely assistance from the CAA.

jemax
10th Feb 2006, 13:11
Or just put washing up liquid down them!

EESDL
10th Feb 2006, 14:10
Washing up liquid?
Do moles use crockery?

muffin
10th Feb 2006, 14:20
I have them in my orchard and last Summer they were advancing relentlessly towards the helipad. I bought one of these repeller gadgets with a small battery driven buzzer in it. This sounds about once a minute and is supposed to make them steer clear of it. I put it between orchard and helipad and they retreated back towards orchard again. So it does appear to work.

jemax
10th Feb 2006, 14:22
That gadget sounds remarkably like an R22!

muffin
10th Feb 2006, 14:38
Oh, they keep well away from that! Unfortunately it is a bit expensive to leave running all night and I don't think it would like starting up once a minute.

helicopter-redeye
10th Feb 2006, 16:40
... they were advancing relentlessly towards the helipad. I bought one of these repeller gadgets with a small battery driven buzzer in it. This sounds about once a minute and is supposed to make them steer clear of it. ....

A sort of 'NON NDB' perhaps ?

h-r;)

Thomas coupling
11th Feb 2006, 17:28
I'm sure I bought the wife one of those "repeller" gadgets a while back??

ShyTorque
11th Feb 2006, 17:52
Best thing I found to repel moles was my 2-stroke Flymo with some extra oil in the fuel to make it smoke nicely. Opened up the tunnels and parked it over the top for half an hour. The exhaust was blown down the tunnels under pressure and they retreated back to the next-door neighbours from whence they came, coughing :E

Capn Notarious
12th Feb 2006, 14:19
Does this mean that the coughing moles got a coffin?

RINKER
13th Feb 2006, 10:07
j if you really want info on getting rid of moles i can advise you on the approved method.Had the problem in my garden and this stuff works you can pm me if you like

Minty Fresh
13th Feb 2006, 11:13
Only one way to get rid of a mole ......... Blow its bloody head off !!

Shotgun - Borrow mine for a fiver :E

Someone had to mention the Jasper Carrot sketch (didn't they?)