PDA

View Full Version : Female Heli Pilot

Rollingthunder
10th Feb 2006, 05:33
"The Strategic Defense of the Environment Group, Inc.
is searching for female helicopter pilots to be on a 207 foot research vessel.
We will be extracting a pirate sunken treasure off the coast of Peru. And will
be on the seven seas. Robinson R44 Clipper with pop up floats aboard, with
helideck and helicopter garage. A pilot-mechanic would be a super plus,
but not mandatory. Please send resumes to ....."

This is a paid ad on PPRuNe.

While I appreciate it is paid for...is it not illegal to discriminate by specifying gender in an ad for employment? And what the hell does the defense of the environment have to do with a pirate's treasure?

Once had Walt Disney do a film in our hangar. On the last day the heli (R22) they used prepared to take-off. It was on a small stand outside to facilitate filming. After prep, pilot did take off and tilted chopper blades to within a foot
of concrete. I ducked even though I was in a truck.

BlueDiamond
10th Feb 2006, 05:54
Perhaps discrimination isn't illegal in that particular country, Rollie ... hard to say really.

And the environment defence thing ... perhaps the treasure belongs to the government (some governments lay claim to all such findings) but is at risk of being stolen. Just guesswork, but that's the best I could think of ...

Sailor Vee
10th Feb 2006, 08:03
Sounds like a wind-up.....off the coast of Peru. And will
be on the seven seas....the type of p**t that the cuba lover may insert.

Onan the Clumsy
10th Feb 2006, 12:07
Gender discrimination is enshrined in the law books in the US. One only has to look at the requirements foir Selective Service (similar to the draft) where all MALES between the ages of 18 and 26 are required to register.

I wondered about the ad. Unfortunately I passed it on to someone I know :{ though I did include a caveat to say I knew nothing about it.

...and I'm still trying to decipher the two asterisks in p**t and can only come up with the word that matches c***t :confused:

Whirlygig
10th Feb 2006, 12:51
We're talking about this on rotorheads - Whirlybird's threatening to apply just to find out what it's all about!

Cheers

Whirls

10th Feb 2006, 13:15
What would be the maximum time that the female pilot would be flying each day? Probably 7 or 8 hours?
That still leaves a lot of time for cooking, washing, ironing etc:}
Time to run away!!

Whirlygig
10th Feb 2006, 13:17
Gosh - that joke's never been made before ! :hmm: :zzz:

Why not try something original and funny.

Cheers

Whirls

strickers
14th Feb 2006, 11:37
After being told not to bother contacting a company after their CP tells me that the company don't employ female pilots it is a pleasant change to see a add asking for a female pilot.
Didn't see this add myself so if someone can point me in the right direction it would make a change to apply for a job where the odds are slightly higher of at least getting a response. One female R44 float endorsed commercial pilot looking for work...