PDA

View Full Version : Child Support Agency - Whay do you think ?

Astrodome
9th Feb 2006, 20:31
On the radio today, news of yet another Labour Government 'root and branch' review into the CSA. :* :* :* :*

Two conflicting stories which sum it all up.

Story 1
Lady friend of my wife's is divorced, with one child. EX is a fireman. He is now on his FOURTH woman, each one having a child. Apparantly he buggers off when they start expecting.

She has NEVER had a penny and CSA seems unable (unwilling?) to sort this out. Seems it is OK for me to pay for his pleasures ?? :confused:

Story 2
Friend of mine. His wife had affairs and ultimately became quite violent towards him (she is much bigger than he is). She used to leave the child alone at home whilst she went out with boyfriend.
He divorced and reached a Court settlement some years prior to CSA. Always paid and sent extra money for the child's shoes, school clothes, etc.

She gets onto CSA, who treble his payments. She however doesn't receive anything. He could not afford payments. They placed an order on his earnings, and unable to pay for travel costs and his living costs lost his job.

When I caught up with him he was living on a can of baked beans a day, and working all hours in a local nightclub, struggling to pay his mortgage arrears, and Building Society threatening to repossess.

His ex meanwhile has lived with a variety of men, but has continued to claim full support.

CSA has decided to bankrupt him and sell his house for arrears.

I wonder where the justice in life is, and why 9 years after Bliar spouted out that he would sort out CSA why it is still a mess.

Angry ???? I am seething at the injustice of it all !!!!!!!!!!!

:* :* :*

tony draper
9th Feb 2006, 20:44
Its time we started putting the people responsible for these **** ups behind bars,and I mean that seriously, as it stands they will just be shuffled sideways into some other ministry and have to wait a couple of extra years for their knightood,450 million quid for a computer system that does not work,? someone still making a lot of money, its as corrupt in its own way as any bloody African shit hole.
:suspect: