PDA

View Full Version : The truth about dating Australians

steinycans
9th Feb 2006, 17:41
It seems Aussies are the booziest daters in the world.
An international survey has found that 80 percent of Australian men and 70 percent of women admit to drinking too much when trying to impress the opposite sex.

It has also found people across the Tasman [Australians] are the [B]least likely to find intelligence a turn on.

[least likely to find intelligence full stop]

This would explain alot.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1.asp?storyID=89294

Mudfoot
9th Feb 2006, 17:54
[QUOTE=steinycans]It seems Aussies are the booziest daters in the world.
An international survey has found that 80 percent of Australian men and 70 percent of women admit to drinking too much when trying to impress the opposite sex.

Dang, I was born on the wrong hemishere, I'd fit right in!
Cheers, y'all.

flyblue
9th Feb 2006, 17:59
admit

that is the key word...:rolleyes:

sprocket
9th Feb 2006, 19:04
After seeing "Related Stories" in that link, there dont seem to be too much intelligence or tea totaling in NZ either. :hmm:

Milt
10th Feb 2006, 00:05
What happened that old rule that pilots were not allowed to drink intoxicants within 100 feet of an aircraft?

Gonzo
10th Feb 2006, 00:50
Jerricho?......Oh, Jerricho??????????

Buster Hyman
10th Feb 2006, 01:06
It's a bit deeper than that I'm afraid.

We're basically a shy, retiring culture & don't normally "push our own barrow" so, dating can be excruciating. A little bit of amber courage just before we head out...okay, perhaps a lot...keg...gives us all the fortitude we need. Just like our pilots when they head off to work!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/alc.gif

Brian Abraham
10th Feb 2006, 01:07
not allowed to drink intoxicants within 100 feet of an aircraft

Oh dear, and heres me thinking all this time that flying was/is an intoxicant. You telling me I have to give it up? :{

Jerricho
10th Feb 2006, 02:48
Jerricho?......Oh, Jerricho??????????

What!!!!???

Brian_Dunnigan
10th Feb 2006, 03:05
:hmm: They never asked me...:suspect: Why is it they never ask me in these research surveys?

tinpis
10th Feb 2006, 04:14
Getting dated in The Albury pub in Oxford St Sydney is a distinct possibility.

RJM
10th Feb 2006, 04:29
Don't care about the 80% of blokes, but the fact that 70% of women here drink too much on dates is music to the ears...

...and I'm looking forward to the ladies making a push for equality in this important area! :E

Taildragger67
1st Mar 2006, 16:51
The Albury, eh?

Anything you want to share with us, Tin... ??

airborne_artist
1st Mar 2006, 18:01
Bruce came back one night after a session in the bar with the lads to find Sheila crying her eyes out.

"What's wrong, Sheila?" says Bruce

"Bruce, I'm pregnant, and if you don't marry me I'm going to throw myself off the Sydney Harbour Bridge" wailed Sheila.

"Sheila, you're not only a good f:mad: ck, you're a good sport, too" said Bruce.

Coat, hat etc.