PDA

View Full Version : wORKING IN BANGALOR,INDIA

airbus57
9th Feb 2006, 17:12
Looking for some info on working and living in Bangalor as a TRI Captain .Would be really appreciated THANKS:confused:

Hairy Chest
10th Feb 2006, 11:06
full of expats of all kinds aviation,software,garments etc.

ask for hotel stay, no service apt over all a safe, fun, crowded, traffic jam, laid back city .Dont know how well Deccan pays

Akuji
10th Feb 2006, 19:26
Hello Airbus57

Its a place where money takes you far. Just visited a few months back, i loved it. I'd say Banglore is a vey clean place compared to other parts of India. I contemplate my slef very much to soon once i complete my integrated course if i have the opportunity to go and work out there.
I hope if you go out there it works out all well and good.

Good Luck

A330AV8R
14th Feb 2006, 04:07
Hello 57

If your looking to work in Bangalore then its a good choice if you like a small clean town , however if your looking to join deccan I would advise you to carefully look at the package before you sign .

I was part of the lauch crew for the A320 and was with them for a year , at that point of time we were given private villas in a very posh area called Palm meadows , however we used to lay over in guest houses , I think that has changed now for the pilots . . . working environment sucks cause its full of x airforce prix who think there just out of Topgun .

no 2 there is a lot of back biting between the ATR and the BUSBOYS as you can well imagine .

However they are expanding , they have 6 A320's now to my last update having just 3 Initially . the flight timings are not all that great but then again its the same everywhere .

and heres the clincher ... from some buddies who are still there , Transport to and from the airport has been canned !

Now that sucks if you have to wake up at 3 and not get a mode of transport till 5 mins before scheduled departure .

The city on the other hand is nice , weather is excellent best in India Id have to say during the winter season . tends to get real hot during summer as its approx 3000 ' elev however the night life is bad as things close early .

Last I heard A320 TRIs are pulling about $10 - 11000 .

You might also try and contact Goair and Kingfisher as they are hiring TREs /I's as well !

:ok:

jumpdrive
14th Feb 2006, 14:54
well, working here, its something else, depending on wich airline you end up, organization will vary, U will be flying with girls & boys with almost no hours, fresh bread ott the oven, even if youre a line cap youll be doing training for free, cause they simply dont know the deal, and I dont blame them, the local Caps never let them fly (.........ask them!) so theyll have 300 hours or whatever & maybe 4 ldgs, plus all the BS they have to take from them (the screaming part + cero CRM......theyre GOD's in there)
on the issue of transport with deccan , let me say that i just spoke with friends there and transport is still ON

the city, well, depending from where your coming, and your stamina for adventure (like the crocodile hunter! or Rambo!), 1st you have the pollution DAMN, 2nd the traffic KAOS, the entire city is a bottle neck (except at midnite or early mornings flts) + the HORNS ((DAMN again)) youll see on the back of the cars SOUND HORN PLS, or OK HORN....i just dont get it.......all the F#@$% time, the ways of gettin around are, the minivans (sorry no A/C), TUK TUK's (autorickshaws= 3 wheelers) charging whatever they feel like & thats it, forget a decent taxi with AC and nice seats on every corner!, and dont even think of jumpinn on the BUS
yes U can say that there are som places to go, 3 o 4 shopping malls (1 for the ladies EVA), restaurants, you will find a lot, thats OK

clarify on your contract before signinn antyhing (let them put it on writtin or attached) where are they gonna put you, DONT take the GUEST houses (people come and go all day long lots of noise!, plus the cook, wont do too much for you, all will be spicy), & if its gonna be a hotel, ask wich one (how many STARS?????), & it doesnt matter if you come TRE o TRI or line cap, for all expats in all airlines its the same, theyll put U on a hotel , w/meals, transport to and from work, uniforms, and maybe some gett you tickets to fly back home when OFF, the only diff its the money youll get, the rest its the same for all of us here

and yes..................evruhitng closes before midnite..............DAMN